The livery on a Peco Black Jubilee accurate

​The yellow lined livery is fictitious. No mention of it in An Illustrated History Of LMS Locomotives by Essery and Jenkinson.

Some were painted wartime unlined black such as this.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/250835/Hornby_R3557_Class_7P_Royal_Scot_4_6_0_6126_Royal_Army_Service_Corps_in_LMS_wartime_black/StockDetail.aspx

The 1946 livery was this one.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/250811/Hornby_R3517_Class_7P_Royal_Scot_4_6_0_6108_Seaforth_Highlander_in_LMS_black_The_Final_Day_s/StockDetail.aspx

I know they are Royal Scots.

Many however were still pre war crimson lake. 13 of them receiving BR numbers whilst still crimson. One even being painted experimental slate grey.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

• RMweb Gold

There is a colour photo of 5601 British Guiana in post war black, lined out in yellow (straw) and maroon in The Big Four in Colour, David Jenkinson,pub  Pendragon.

Unusually the loco is coupled to a 4000 gallon tender with flush welded side panels.  (David Jenkinson's words).

I have always thought that the Peco Jubilee livery was a very simplified version of this, perhaps because of the limits of  printing technology for lining at an affordable price at the time.

David

There is a colour photo of 5601 British Guiana in post war black, lined out in yellow (straw) and maroon in The Big Four in Colour, David Jenkinson,pub  Pendragon.

Unusually the loco is coupled to a 4000 gallon tender with flush welded side panels.  (David Jenkinson's words).

I have always thought that the Peco Jubilee livery was a very simplified version of this, perhaps because of the limits of  printing technology for lining at an affordable price at the time.

David

David

That's what I thought, I have a few post war black loco's I have repainted, and they are all lined straw maroon straw