Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Trying to order from Brassmasters

I'm trying to order a pair of Brassmaster wagon axle spacing jigs part number GOO3/4 but no mater what I press cant seem to find an order, contact or check out page on there site. How do I order or does anybody else supply them with an easier ordering system?

Steve

ps I also need one of the hand rail bending jigs any body know who makes or supplies these too?

Ordering methods: http://www.brassmasters.co.uk/Buying_and_price_list.htm

Contact details: http://www.brassmasters.co.uk/Contact_us.htm

In short, if not at an exhibition, it's strictly cheque by post (or bank transfer if you want it quicker).

.....hand rail bending jigs any body know who makes or supplies these too?

Take your pick

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

I'm trying to order a pair of Brassmaster wagon axle spacing jigs part number GOO3/4 but no mater what I press cant seem to find an order, contact or check out page on there site. How do I order or does anybody else supply them with an easier ordering system?

Steve

ps I also need one of the hand rail bending jigs any body know who makes or supplies these too?

I knew somebody, now sadly modelling from high above, who used a tool like this for handrails: http://www.jensentools.com/eraser-lead-bender/g/835

He swore by it, he said he could turn out hundreds that matched each other perfectly and were exact for the holes he needed.

​Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

I new somebody, now sadly modelling from high above, who used a tool like this for handrails: http://www.jensentools.com/eraser-lead-bender/g/835

He swore by it, he said he could turn out hundreds that matched each other perfectly and were exact for the holes he needed.

​Roy

I have to say I like that but I entered "Lead bender" into google with trpidation and found nothing in the UK.  Neither on ebay.  Anyone seen something similar?  I then got distracted in Eileens to the tune of £30+

• RMweb Gold

I have to say I like that but I entered "Lead bender" into google with trpidation and found nothing in the UK.  Neither on ebay.  Anyone seen something similar?  I then got distracted in Eileens to the tune of £30+

RS do a very expensive one: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/0545109/?grossPrice=Y&cm_mmc=UK-PLA-_-google-_-PLA_UK_EN_PCB_Prototyping-_-PCB_Cutting_And_Punching_And_Forming_And_Drilling&mkwid=sIXZL06vp_dc|pcrid|88057056003|pkw||pmt||prd|0545109&gclid=COjv6Ljr4NQCFYW37QodZH0Oug

They turn up on ebay from time to time. We used them for their intended purpose when I was an apprentice many moons ago and they are very good. Have toyed with the idea of getting one again, but never have.

Roy

Ordering methods: http://www.brassmasters.co.uk/Buying_and_price_list.htm

Contact details: http://www.brassmasters.co.uk/Contact_us.htm

In short, if not at an exhibition, it's strictly cheque by post (or bank transfer if you want it quicker).

Take your pick

Thank you Ivan the link also gives you the Bill Bedford axle jig which as well as the hand rail jig which will do fine for what I want. I'm sorry but I cant be done with sending off cheques etc in this day and age so I'll get both from Eileens

• RMweb Gold

I have come across a few small businesses such as brassmaster and alan gibson who dont accept electronic payment. I guess its the fees they cant justify. I would be happy paying 10% more for the convenience of using paypal instead of posting cheques. At least Brassmaster takes direct transfer through the bank.

• RMweb Premium

I used to have a small business and we used to accept "cardholder not present" transactions.  However, we only had a small turnover and the fees and increasing red tape just got too much, so we got rid of the card machine and merchant service provider and switched to Paypal which offers an invaluable service to small businesses.  So while can I understand (and agree with) small businesses that don't take cards, I really think that anyone trading on the internet should at least take PayPal, even if they charge a modest increased fee for so doing (one business I deal with charges and extra 3% for payPal transcations).

DT

• RMweb Premium

I have come across a few small businesses such as brassmaster and alan gibson who dont accept electronic payment. I guess its the fees they cant justify. I would be happy paying 10% more for the convenience of using paypal instead of posting cheques. At least Brassmaster takes direct transfer through the bank.

Brassmasters also take paypal as noted in post # 8, and under the terms you suggest. EDIT: under better terms than you suggest: 5% IIRC. 

Just ask them and they'll send you a paypal invoice. 

Edited by Daddyman

• RMweb Gold

Brassmasters also take paypal as noted in post # 8, and under the terms you suggest. EDIT: under better terms than you suggest: 5% IIRC. 

Just ask them and they'll send you a paypal invoice.

Thanks - I must have missed that one. Alan Gibson and other small traders would benefit as well I'm sure. Even something like renewing my LMS Patriot Project membership is a hassle when you have to send a cheque as they don't accept card or Paypal.

Finding the cheque book is the fist hurdle as its been 12 months since I last used it, then having to go to the post office to get a stamp in case I used the wrong size envelope, having to park the car in a crowded street because the local post office is closed down and is now just a unmanned counter in a local mini-market, then fighting with other shop-goers who don't need the Postal service, just a pack a fags and a 4 pack for an eventful evening, then waiting 3 days hoping they get the envelope, then wait another 5 days for the cheque to clear, then a further 3 days while they send the items. All this could be avoided if they simply accepted Paypal!! type a few keys and enjoy modeling in the spare time I have accrued and not risked life and limb just to send a cheque. Isn't technology wonderful!!!!

Finding the cheque book is the fist hurdle as its been 12 months since I last used it

12 Months? I think it must be 5 years since I've written a cheque! Remembering which 'safe place' I left the book might be a struggle!

Thanks - I must have missed that one. Alan Gibson and other small traders would benefit as well I'm sure. Even something like renewing my LMS Patriot Project membership is a hassle when you have to send a cheque as they don't accept card or Paypal.

Alan Gibson do allow card payment - either via split email or using a phone...