Armitage Freemo September 9/10 2017

As many of you will already be aware, the annual Freemo gatheirng at Armitage will take place on the weekend of September 9th - 10th.

Much has been discussed on other forums, particularly Facebook but I am aware tha not everybody enjoys Facebook!

So, to update things - I am still responsible for the logisitics (venue, food, etc), but the call for modules is now closed as the configuration is currently being put into the ops programme by Chris Gilbert and it is too late to alter it.

Remember, these events aren't open to the public and it's not a case of just turn up on the day. I need a good idea of attendance numbers well in advance so I can work out the finances.

So, the question is - is there anybody else who hasn't been in touch who wants to come either one or both days? If so, please PM me.

• Like 3

You know, I really wish I could attend, just to help out financially. Not having my own car or dcc fitted loco precludes that possibility though :(

The latter shouldn't be a problem as you'll probably be working a train with somebody else, and there are usually spare locos for hire....

• Like 2

Hmm, i'll have a think over the next day or so and try work out the logistics. I think realistically the next event would be more attainable for me as I have a job interview next thursday and I don't know what the result of that will be, I may be working saturdays as part of that.

You know, I really wish I could attend, just to help out financially. Not having my own car or dcc fitted loco precludes that possibility though :(

A lift can always be arranged from a convenient station.

• 1 month later...

Nick

Do we have a layout plan yet? :)

Got my room booked again so really need to ballast the three plain modules ready for this year.

Do you do Facebook Paul? Can point you at plans and some guidance re the operating this year

• RMweb Gold

No I don't do Facebook, never joined and won't for another reason, anyway forums waste enough of my day without non modelling distractions ;)

I've got the ops roster link but that's it.

I'll drop Chris an email :)

Edited by PaulRhB

No I don't do Facebook, never joined and won't for another reason, anyway forums waste enough of my day without non modelling distractions ;)

I've got the ops roster link but that's it.

I'll drop Chris an email :)

Okey doke - I get that. It's just that there is a page with all the info. Chris G will be able to furnish you with the suitable gubbins I'm sure. cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A week and a bit to go and I'm finally getting some basic scenics on the three bare modules.

Also King Coal has morphed into a through board and become Spikes Scrap and joins onto Sunnydale to improve switching at home.

post-6968-0-65663200-1504012982_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2

We will have to put a wall of fan heaters on to simulate a furnace ;)

when working the blast furnace I think they work 30 min shifts because of the heat, then they have a liquid break to replace all the lost fluids, if the morning shift at Nucor is 8-12, I reckon that's about 4-5 tins of IPA I need!!!!!

• RMweb Gold

when working the blast furnace I think they work 30 min shifts because of the heat, then they have a liquid break to replace all the lost fluids, if the morning shift at Nucor is 8-12, I reckon that's about 4-5 tins of IPA I need!!!!!

When the steelworks in Scunthorpe were in full swing the nearest pub, The Furnace Arms, had a special licence and was open at 6.00am for workers leaving the night shift to allow them to replenish their lost fluids. All now long gone.

Edited by jollysmart

• RMweb Gold

Yep same here studied and will try to remember the radio protocol as it's not full phonetic alphabet like I'm used to at work ;)

Clamps, wires, stock all sorted, just need to load the car tomorrow as I'm on earlies Friday and I don't think the neighbours will appreciate me crashing around in the garage at 5am ;)