un known micro layout

hi all , i have been look ing for ideas for micro layouts . and came across this   really nice one . and can not find any more info on it .  any one know who its by and if there are any more photos of it  , thanks kevopost-26535-0-70583100-1501972844.jpg

• Thanks 1

thanks john  and roy  . that is probly were i must have 1st seen it on carl,s site  but have had trouble navagateing around that site . brilliant that shows me the track plan . thanks lads . i did  come across another very close looking micro layout but it was of a waggon repair depo  and i can not seem to find that  again  ile keep looking  cheers  kevin

post-26535-0-61876300-1502020043_thumb.jpghi   mark i doint seem to be able to open the link on what you have shown there :scratchhead:  not even when I try logging in to view old site . ime getting well hooked on the one turnout 3 siddings type layouts . my last on30 used the same track formation

• Like 2

hi all , i have been look ing for ideas for micro layouts . and came across this really nice one . and can not find any more info on it . any one know who its by and if there are any more photos of it , thanks kevoattachicon.gifpeake700.jpg

Hi Kevo

This boxfile by Colin Peek is how I got the idea to base my boxfile layout Stooperdale on,see link to my blog on it below.I did have links ,alas all seem to be dead now

Tel

Edited by Tel2010

stooperdale that is really good  brilliant pictures like the way the buildings fit in . I have started on some think around those lines to day ile post some  pics as soon as it gets going . its amaze ing just use ing that  simple track plan in a small place how many different ideas you can come up with

Thanks Kevo  :thankyou:

One thing i regret doing,is using  larger magnets to have a bigger target area when uncoupling,i used the Brian Kerby method and to try keep magnets a bit more away from curved track as that caused problems with some of my stock too.Yes its a simple track plan but very good and you don't need much stock either.Look forward to seeing yours.

Tel

stooperdale that is really good  brilliant pictures like the way the buildings fit in . I have started on some think around those lines to day ile post some  pics as soon as it gets going . its amaze ing just use ing that  simple track plan in a small place how many different ideas you can come up with

Edited by Tel2010

hi mark i doint seem to be able to open the link on what you have shown there :scratchhead: not even when I try logging in to view old site . ime getting well hooked on the one turnout 3 siddings type layouts . my last on30 used the same track formation

Hi Kevin,

I'm posting from my phone so that's maybe why, but it should just work by clicking on the link,I think.

Unfortunately, the phone doesn't let you do the rich text, hyperlinks, etc in posts that the desktop version has.

Mark

Edit:

Actually, try this link?

Edited by standardblue

post-26535-0-42505400-1502122971.jpgyes I to had a fare bit of problems with the uncoupler  magnets on my last layout . I use Kadee  magnets  but  because of the short sideings  the only way I could get the wagons to uncouple was to cut the magnets in half and it seemed to work  . one of my habbits  is I tend to switch about between different . scales . narrow gauge and back to starndard  gauge oo  after complete ing  a layout I then tend to sell it on to fund another project and most of the rolling stock goes as well . so now I have to re build up my oo stock  . hence the micro layouts not much stock needed .

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
Guest Jack Benson

This is a very interesting thread, thanks to Kevo for alerting us to Colin Peek’s mini-masterpiece.

Has anyone built a micro incorporating  just one turnout? 

StaySafe

Edited by Jack Benson

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

This is a very interesting thread, thanks to Kevo for alerting us to Colin Peek’s mini-masterpiece.

Has anyone built a micro incorporating  just one turnout? 

StaySafe

I built "Fairport" during the winter of 2017/18.

Of course it doesn't do very much in its own right but with it connected into my main layout I still enjoy using it, a simple destination to put a wagon or indeed the tram.

- Richard.

hi richard just seen your msg  there are loads of micros use ing just  one turn out i have done  at least two  my kenwards colliery  and my china clay  one only used a single turnout   . thease  were boxfile  size . thinking about  it some of my slightly longer layouts only used one especially the two 0n30 ones .

20210704_082324.jpg

20210714_164242.jpg

20210414_192309.jpg

• Like 3

Just to note that the layout at the start of this thread, Box Metals, besides being featured on Carl's site, is also covered in Model Trains International issue 81, and  features in the Preview issue of the Micro Model Railway Dispatch,  announced on RMWeb here last summer,  a-new-e-mag-for-the-micro-layout-enthusiast published last year by Ian Holmes.

• Thanks 1

yes Jim read's  you tube channel has been really  inspireing   as i am atempting  a small one point  micro  in o gauge . allso  the new E mag  the micro model dispatch is good for idea's .

• Thanks 1