RMweb

For those that fear coming to Australia!

kevinlms

We attract the best quality candidates to stand for parliament here. This is a top class candidate for our state election in Victoria, to be held this Saturday.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/we-are-going-round-in-circles-frankston-hopeful-caught-in-awkward-interview-20181121-p50hhk.html

Remember, this is Sky News, so in the Murdoch camp and the Liberal party is a favourite. This is one of the seats they need to win, to regain government. Inspirational? Perhaps not!

I still  reckon NSW can hold its head up high  in a "who's MP's are most incompetent?" state of origin match against you lot.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-nsw-government-ordered-new-trains-worth-over-2-billion-that-are-too-wide-to-go-through-existing-tunnels-2018-3

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2

Meanwhile in Rockhampton it was 44 degrees and 8% humidity with 70 km/h winds. This is why the second highest fire danger rating is "extreme".

It is mind-boggling to think that seasonal catastrophic fire danger can transition from Northern California to Queensland in the space of a week or two.

November is late for the fire season in California and early for the fire season in Queensland.

I am quite concerned about the fire season here in Victoria as we have had a heap of rain this month so the new growth can brown off over feb and fuel fires. Will only make things worse for the vic farmers.

• RMweb Premium

I laugh every time I see this introduction from The New Daily (an online news source - for which I have never subscribed).
Perhaps, we do need daily reminders of who the PM currently is!

"Hello , here's your PM Update for Monday"

I laugh every time I see this introduction from The New Daily (an online news source - for which I have never subscribed).

Perhaps, we do need daily reminders of who the PM currently is!

"Hello , here's your PM Update for Monday"

Who IS the PM today??

I laugh every time I see this introduction from The New Daily (an online news source - for which I have never subscribed).[/size]

Perhaps, we do need daily reminders of who the PM currently is![/size]

"Hello , here's your PM Update for Monday"[/size]

If you need more frequent updates.

https://twitter.com/WhoIsPM

Cheers

David

• Like 1

G

'Day Folks

Wedgie's, here in S Aust, have a tendency, to scavenge 'Roadkill' in the drought times, one Wedgie, was a bit slow taking off (from the middle of the road) and was hit by a Range Rover,doing about 110 kph, the Wedgie, came through the windscreen, shredded the interior of the Range Rover, and escaped through the broken windscreen after the driver stopped and ran for his life.

manna

• Like 3

Dare I say "if it lives in Australia, it could kill you"

Saying that last night I went to check the Mail. A usual thing to do when getting home... I was very happy when I opened the door  I saw the December issue of  Hornby Mag. I reached in and lifted the Magazine and a couple of letters out only to find a LARGE Huntsman (a good 10cm leg tip to leg tip)  looking at me.... "why did you disturb me?" so we looked at each other, I then blew him off the mail and he scuttered away under a bush.... No person or spider was harmed in the encounter. This does however prove that every one should look before sticking your hand into any thing out side!  

• Like 3

G

'Day Folks

Wedgie's, here in S Aust, have a tendency, to scavenge 'Roadkill' in the drought times, one Wedgie, was a bit slow taking off (from the middle of the road) and was hit by a Range Rover,doing about 110 kph, the Wedgie, came through the windscreen, shredded the interior of the Range Rover, and escaped through the broken windscreen after the driver stopped and ran for his life.

manna

Twenty years ago I was, effectively, a company rep and spent a lot of time driving around the WA Goldfields, most of our clients being miners. The Goldfields Highway that runs 500km or so north from Kalgoorlie to the non-existent town of Nowhereverymuch has a large and healthy population of large and healthy wedgetails who've grown fat on the roadkill largesse that appears every day. They tend to be both pretty audacious, leaving takeoff to the last moment, and rather poor at estimating the extra weight of all the meat they've taken on board. I never actually hit one, but I heard talons rake the roof of the old VS Commodore more than once as I stood it on its nose to try and lessen the impending impact.

Saying that last night I went to check the Mail. A usual thing to do when getting home... I was very happy when I opened the door  I saw the December issue of  Hornby Mag. I reached in and lifted the Magazine and a couple of letters out only to find a LARGE Huntsman (a good 10cm leg tip to leg tip)  looking at me.... "why did you disturb me?" so we looked at each other, I then blew him off the mail and he scuttered away under a bush.... No person or spider was harmed in the encounter. This does however prove that every one should look before sticking your hand into any thing out side!  

A friend was staying in a bush shack somewhere in Queensland. They got back from a bushwalk hot and thirsty, filled up the cup that was kept on a string by the tap on the water tank, and chugged the lot straight down. The lot, that is, apart from the very large and now somewhat annoyed and damp spider that had been quite happy in the bottom of the cup and was now clinging to their epiglottis with all its legs.

Yep. Definitely pays to check.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have had some interesting observances of Wedgetail Eagles,I see quite a few where I live:

1) Driving along James Track, the "road" on which I live a Wedgie flew into a gap in the canopy of trees over the road and was unable to fly out, I followed it for close on a Kilometre until the next gap appeared when it flew off..........an incredible experience!

2} Again driving along another road in the district one flying fairly low passed in front of my vehicle, it had in its talons a kangaroo, poor kanga! but that's nature I guess.

3) Standing on the top balcony of our place(we live on very steep property) I looked down onto the neighbours paddock and saw a pair of wedgies working for their prey, there was mum kanga and her joey grazing near a large tree. One of the Wedgies was perched in the tree whilst the other flew around mum kanga and proceeded to annoy and distract her attention. In the meantime the joey had wandered a little too far from mum, the second Wedgie then flew down and took the joey.

They are incredible birds, an ornithologist has observed the same pair nesting in the same location(Eaglehawk Gully) for close on thirty years.

Mike

• Like 2

Harry Butler never did: he would just thrust his arm down mysterious holes and pull out whatever nasties were lurking there with complete equanimity! :D

Call yourself an Aussie Doug??? :P  :jester:

Edited by SRman