Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

Well they've never said they were limited editions.

But the Caledonian version went off sale and then had a "on order" added, so maybe worth waiting until tomorrow and asking them. They might already have them on order.

Jason

Aye, on the other hand 'No 6' has disappeared from the page completely. 

Last night I managed to drag myself out of the arm chair and start doing some modelling. I spent a little time looking over Katie looking for the reason why she was limping... I couldn't see any issue with the drive or the rods... So finnally I thought I will back off the body screws... with that she ran very smoothly so, after DCC chip fitting, I must have tightened the screws more than when she was assembled. 

Very happy with the result and the work around with the Bachmann chip and some black tack to allow the chip to sit at an angle and loosening the screws, The running is well above my minimum standard.  :danced:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Morning all,

I can confirm we will be receiving more of H4-AB16-002 - No. 6 in NCB green.

I've just corrected the system so it's now available to pre-order once again.

I'll be sure to provide updates on delivery as soon as I'm able to.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

My CR one is now a bit more anonymous, after a session this morning with some T-cut. It will eventually gain some number and name plates, becoming #14 in my fictional industrial fleet. Both this and Katie (soon to be #15) will gain girl's names starting with 'A', but I haven't decided which will get what name yet. More plates are on the way from Narrow Planet, though, giving me more choices.

40946077395_1020dc6194_b.jpg
Hattons Andrew Barclay ex-CR by Jeffrey Lynn, on Flickr

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

I can confirm we will be receiving more of H4-AB16-002 - No. 6 in NCB green.

I've just corrected the system so it's now available to pre-order once again.

I'll be sure to provide updates on delivery as soon as I'm able to.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I see the Caley blue one is also showing as pre-order - will you be getting more in of her?

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today......popped her on the rolling road .....smooth as silk and silent,,,,,,,,,,,also received a patriot from ebay again beautifully great performance on the rolling road and virtually silent.

Mike

• Like 1

Has anyone any experience of removing the decals? Any tips please. I want to keep the colour scheme and just remove the decal without leaving a shadow or sheen as the new transfer is smaller.

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone any experience of removing the decals? Any tips please. I want to keep the colour scheme and just remove the decal without leaving a shadow or sheen as the new transfer is smaller.

Thanks in advance.

The lettering etc is printed, not a decal, but very easily removed with a cotton bud. Personally I swear by Brasso but others prefer T-Cut. Both are mildly abrasive polishes.

The printing comes off very easily from these wee beasties but it does result in a polished area, if this is going to be a problem just extend the polished area, it doesn't take very much

Edited by Caledonian

Ditto here: I removed the "C crest R" and numbers from my Caledonian liveried example with T-cut, but it did leave some more polished areas on the tanks. I have partially disguised this by extending the polished area to the tank ends (as Stuart/Caledonian suggested above) then further disguised it with some weathering powders.

Has anyone any experience of removing the decals? 

I used Micro Sol on Kevin.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126141-andrew-barclay-14-16-0-4-0st-in-oo-gauge/page-42&do=findComment&comment=3136657

A heavy "drop" so that it doesn't evaporate and leave it for about fifteen minutes. I then used a bit of plasticard to remove the softened tampo printing.

I find T Cut a little to aggressive.    :wink_mini:

post-508-0-06916600-1525569932_thumb.jpg

P

• Like 2