• Swansea Railway Modellers' Group - Free use of Test Track for visitors
  • Swansea Society of Model Engineers
  • 2mm Scale Association
  • South West Digital
  • Michelle Davidson - building wagons in 4 & 7 mm scales
  • Gwili Steam Railway
  • Model Electronic Railway Group (MERG)
https://srmg.org.uk/2017-show/ Edited by Earl Bathurst

It is a shame the shows clash as the West Wales O Gauge show is a nice little show. But they do have up the road the Gwili Railway who have their autum gala on the same day so two events to be had next to each other on the same day.

I would have been exhibiting at the West Wales show but the Swansea club asked first. I did both shows last year and enjoyed both. Big difference for the Swansea show this year is the location, leasure centre, and the visitors have to pay to get in. It was free before when it was in the museum.

Edited by two tone green

• RMweb Gold

Looking forwards to this will be abbotswoods last show in its current format. Warship fleet expanded to 50% of class so might have to be a disproportionate amount of hydraulic action over the weekend....

Phil

Looking forwards to this will be abbotswoods last show in its current format. Warship fleet expanded to 50% of class so might have to be a disproportionate amount of hydraulic action over the weekend....

Phil

"....abbotswoods last show in its current format...."

And Rosamund Street too.

Hope to see you there, for a chat Phil.

Brian R

Edited by br2975

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely Brian! Layout ran well for filming in august, we have redditch show this weekend and will have a great crew with layout for Swansea so hopefully time to relax and have a waffle. There's precious little time otherwise!

Phil

Phil

Hydraulic action in public?? Is this allowed under the Decency Act.

I would have been exhibiting at the West Wales show but the Swansea club asked first. I did both shows last year and enjoyed both. Big difference for the Swansea show this year is the location, leasure centre, and the visitors have to pay to get in. It was free before when it was in the museum.

I'm afraid that paying for entry is an absolute necessity: the hall hire is not cheap and we have to accommodate a large number of visiting exhibitors and meet their expenses. £5 a head is not so bad though. The costs entailed in running a largish show can be eye-watering.....

We were sorry too about the West Wales O Gauge clash, it seems almost inevitable these days as there are just so many events being held across the country. Venue availability is a big driver, too. But remember, we are open over the whole weekend though.

Brian,  please accept my sincere apologies for the absence of your layout on our attendance list. I have no idea why that happened and will see that it is corrected on our website soon. :sorry:

Tony

Edited by Prometheus

Brian,  please accept my sincere apologies for the absence of your layout on our attendance list. I have no idea why that happened and will see that it is corrected on our website soon. :sorry:

Apologies Brian for your layout being missed off the list. I have amended. Look forward to meeting up in a couple of weeks

Scott

For goodness sake chaps, you're embarrassing me now.

Looking forward to coming across Briton Ferry bridge for something other than work !

"Rosamund" and I will see you all soon.

Brian R

post-1599-0-70893800-1507013884_thumb.jpg

post-1599-0-26863200-1507013925_thumb.jpg

Edited by br2975
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

With a week to go I thought I'd give the Swansea show a plug, plus it gives me an opportunity to post some pics of my first "0" gauge loco to go on the exhibition circuit. A Dapol Class 08 that will get its first run out on Blowers Green, with any luck.

08083 on the Hornsey Broadway workbench, waiting the opportunity to run on some track.

post-7146-0-31885300-1506804612_thumb.jpg

post-7146-0-73814600-1506804626_thumb.jpg

Paul J.

• Like 4

But if our holiday cottage on The Mumbles is too comfy we might not show on Sunday....

If my mother-in-law was still living there, you would be glad to leave !!

Brian R

PS

I haven't spoken to my mother-in-law in twenty five years.....I don't like to interrupt her !