The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Flying Pig

• RMweb Premium

...me laddie.

Avast behind! This bein' the 19th day of September, 'tis International Talk Like a Pirate Day of the year two thousand and seventeen. How be ye scurvy lubbers marrrkin' the day?

I be dyin' me agin' beard back to its native red, sackin' a Spanish treasure ship and sinkin' a quart o' rum befarrr me apostrophes runs out.

• Like 1

Been in hospital over-night.

I did try and warn me young pretty (Nurse), on the eve afore, o' theese prophetic occurrences that will take place thus, on the following day, nameleee the nineteenth o' this, the ninth month.

Pity is, me hearties, that me warning was to no avail....Particularly when attempting to communicate to the various Housemen, Consultant, Staff Nurses, Student Nurses, plus their attendants,  in this ancient language of the 'Olde Privateere'.

I thought they would have, possibly, cottoned on, pretty quick.....I was wrong....Thank God.

Edited by Ceptic

• RMweb Premium

Round here (where Robert Newton lived), there are still plenty of folk who speak like this all 365 days of the year. No need for a special celebration.

Some are so like the conversations in a Thomas Hardy novel that I need an interpreter.

This reminds me of the Hot Fuzz film:

Al

Idiots. All of you...

For not recognising May 4th and November 7th.

As am I for even capitulating to this nonsense.

C6T.

I know may 4th, but what's exciting about November 7th?

Only thing I can think of is Mass Effect, but that's not exactly mainstream. I doubt many of us here have a clue why Quarians wear those suits...

Aha! You get twenty points Zomboid. It is indeed Mass Effect day!

Where we all take everso slightly too long to answer a simple question because it might ruin our day later on and try to get blue alien chicks into our quarters.

This year I are mostly being annoyed at the ruination of a franchise by the announcement of no DLC for Andromeda, concentrating instead on online dicking about. Grand Theft Auto V in space then, cheers EA.

C6T.

I wasn't that bothered by DLC in the trilogy (aside from the stuff that was essential to explain what happened between 2 & 3), so not having any for Andromeda isn't bothering me.

Online multiplayer Mass Effect though... Pointless. Didn't do it with 3, won't do it with Andromeda.

It probably shouldn't bother me either, but I REALLY liked 2 & 3. But due to purchase price at the time, bought a PS3 'lite' with only 9Gb drive.

That soon gets filled and barely have enough space for one of the add-ons, let alone four!

Didn't make the same mistake with PS4, a 1Tb monster. In an ideal world they'll remaster the first three, with add ons, for PS4, but read they'd disbanded the team/studio that made the games, hence no more storyline add ons, which also probably means no remaster either?

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

How does the first Mass Effect stand up to 2 & 3 then?

Getting the game by itself seems tricky but the Trilogy edition seems to be knocking around pre-owned. Pointless buying it though if the first game fails to deliver.

The download for ME1 is 10.2 gig, and rather naughtily IMO, Sony trumpet a 12Gb flash drive on PS3 lite, but only tell you in the blurb 2Gb of that is required for system software!

Might be worth wiring in a portable hard drive or even part-exing for a fatter console...

C6T.

ME1 is a very different game in terms of how you play it (45-60 sec cool down on skills, infinite ammo - though the guns over heat).

But it's terrific. Looks its age a bit, but if you like ME2/3 then you simply have to try ME1. You can have Wrex in your squad for a start...