Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Aberdeen Kirkhill T&RSD

Flood

Glenn & Graham,

It was good to see Kirkhill today at Perth.  It's a fine "operating" layout and I'd certainly recommend anyone going along to the Dewar Centre on Sunday to make a point of not missing it - I'd unfortunately too little time today what with family matters to attend to in the early afternoon however what I did see was a well built depot layout quite different from the rest run prototypically - of course!  Thanks again.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yep, good to see it again today at Perth, always nice to see a well built layout with a "purpose".  I noticed one of the HST sets was Exec PC + blue/grey Mk3s + Swallow PC - that can't have been very common, IC "Swallow" power cars with blue/grey stock?

Many thanks for all the kind comments.

Re the swallow power car with a blue and grey rake; swallow was from May 1987 and in February 1988 (the time of our layout) the Eastern Region still had five sets in blue and grey and eleven power cars in swallow so there's a fair chance it would have happened.

We do tend to run the swallow power car with the executive or swallow rakes normally though; I felt like a change on Sunday!

Edited by Flood
  • Like 1

DDN Thanks for the comment. I'll be interested in seeing the photos. We don't get on the Facebook page that often so I'll make an effort tomorrow.

Edited by Flood
  • Like 1

Thanks Bill. We put only a slight covering of snow on the layout because Aberdeen is by the coast. The Inverness rake and the snowploughs from Inverness have been given a good going over in snow to reflect the higher altitude of the Aberdeen - Inverness route.

• Like 1

Nice of you to say so.

We know the layout isn't everyone's cup of tea but that is more than made up by the fact that those people who are interested have a whole host of questions to ask us or memories to share. This was particularly evident last weekend with questions regarding the depot location and how we modelled the snow being prevalent.

I hope the Class 70 re-blow has worked out ok, we'll probably see you next at Turner's Folly in 2015.

Nice of you to say so.

We know the layout isn't everyone's cup of tea but that is more than made up by the fact that those people who are interested have a whole host of questions to ask us or memories to share. This was particularly evident last weekend with questions regarding the depot location and how we modelled the snow being prevalent.

I hope the Class 70 re-blow has worked out ok, we'll probably see you next at Turner's Folly in 2015.

Yes we will more than likely meet next at Turner's Folly well I love your layout and always will.

Yes the 70 reblow is all done and fitted back in she sounds good now

I've just watched all the 11 minutes 42 seconds and you really have done a wonderful job of showing off our layout. The clips chosen show a variety of trains and you have kindly edited out any manual uncoupling or other operator interference that would have detracted from the trains.

I also particularly like the choice of music you have made.

Many thanks for creating a great advertisement for the layout and hopeful model railways in general.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the free advertising guys.

We don't get to the South of England very often so we are looking forward to meeting lots of people who have either not seen the layout before or only very rarely.

We checked the boards and gave the track a clean last Saturday so all we have to do is get the van, load up and then hope we aren't stationary on the M25 for 4 hours!

Hi mate

Great to see new YouTube and photos on here since I saw it last back in 2012 at Hartlepool...

Great layout and nice bunch operating the layout...

Hope to catch it again soon...

Do you have it planned to go out on the road again, and if so....where and when

Jamie

Hi mate

Great to see new YouTube and photos on here since I saw it last back in 2012 at Hartlepool...

Great layout and nice bunch operating the layout...

Hope to catch it again soon...

Do you have it planned to go out on the road again, and if so....where and when

Jamie

Thanks Jamie

October 4th and 5th 2014: Folkestone

October 25th and 26th 2014: Taunton

November 1st and 2nd 2014: Wightrail, Newport, Isle of Wight

January 31st/Feb 1st 2015: Stafford

February 20th, 21st and 22nd 2015: Model Rail Scotland, Glasgow

March 14th and 15th 2015: Perth Green, Jarrow

April 4th and 5th 2015: Turners Folly, Billericay

May 10th and 11th 2015: Roundhouse, Derby