Hornby LYR Pug

Last Saturday I bought the body of a Hornby LYR Pug at the Farnham show, thinking that I'd add the High Level chassis kit to it sometime.

A little while ago I took a look at the High Level website and found that it is intended for the Dapol pug and that the chassis doesn't come with the cylinders as you are supposed to use the ones supplied by Dapol.

OK, so now I look at the Hornby service sheet for the the Pug  and I find that there are several variants of the Hornby Pug with different part numbers for the cylinder and slide bar mouldings. The question is which one is relevant?

It might help that the body carries the running number 51235 and is finished in the later BR livery with the totem.

Regards

ss-214c-73(1).pdf

Edited by PenrithBeacon

The High level chassis is for the Hornby Pug - you need the body and cylinder/slidebars.

I got mine from East Kent Models - sadly no longer around - the X3978 body and the X8566 cylinders.

As far as I know all the bodies are the same but each different livery has a different product code.

The wheels are Markits L&Y Pug wheels.

post-9373-0-81419800-1508172613_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes.

The Hornby and Dapol Pug is the same model. Don't confuse it with the ancient Kitmaster/Airfix/Dapol Pug kit.

Try Peters Spares I got my cylinders from there.

This is what you need, unfortunately out of stock. But get in touch with them anyway as they might have some due in.

http://www.petersspares.com/Hornby-x8566-pug-cylinder-block-end-caps-pack.ir

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

Yes.

The Hornby and Dapol Pug is the same model. Don't confuse it with the ancient Kitmaster/Airfix/Dapol Pug kit.

Try Peters Spares I got my cylinders from there.

This is what you need, unfortunately out of stock. But get in touch with them anyway as they might have some due in.

http://www.petersspares.com/Hornby-x8566-pug-cylinder-block-end-caps-pack.ir

Jason

Thanks for that. I'll try Country Park Models tomorrow

Regards