The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

I Am Going to Frighten Everyone This Haloween

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

I hate Halloween! :angry:

Brian

the best halloweens ive had were the 2 years we were at my mums place in florida back in 2010-2011 its certanly a different atmosphere than what we have in the uk, of course all the big parks lay it on big style over there, something thats only just catching up here with the likes of alton towers frightfest and the like

this year ive invested in a cheap HD projector and some fright video clips that you rear project onto a thin sheet in your front window to give the illusion of ghosts in the house, zombies trying to escape, scary eyes peering out etc, even freddie kruger and jason on the rampage, ive loaded them onto an SD card and they play in a continuous loop, had a practice run and they look very good

its the halloween party at the holiday camp i DJ at next weekend and ive got my outfit ready for that too

I hate Halloween! :angry:

Brian

If you live in the middle of an Orthodox religious district, as I do, then Hallowe'en and trick/treating is never a problem because it just doesn't happen. I think it's because kids are scared of being confronted by an accountant or a Rabbi, or even more frighteningly, a mohel.....

Edited by Horsetan

My quietest halloweens were at the previous house, where I had once accidentally tipped half a can of white paint over the porch roof whist painting the upstairs windows. Although I did try to clean some of the paint at the time, it soaked into the tiles and subsequently weathered into a very convincing stain. 

I am convinced that trick or treaters took one look at the paint stain and thought "ha ha, they've been 'done' already" and moved along the road. 

Now, I buy a multipack of small 'scary' Haribos mini bags to offer to anyone who turns up; but I usually end up eating most of them myself in early November. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Already got a large bucket full of Haribos...and a stack of old picnic cups for the little darlin's to scoop with..

Mum's & Dads all over the village are going to have a nightmare trying to get them all to sleep....   :)   :)   :)

Don't forget to put some Ex Lax chocolates in the mix.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A recent disturbing trend on recent years has been the practice of throwing eggs at  houses that appear to have people in but don't answer the door to "guisers",  We try to go out on Halloween now.

Jim

When calling in at my local on Tesco on Halloween evening, I'm sure I have seen eggs and flour removed fro the aisles to make it harder for teenagers to acquire 'ammunition'

As a child my parents steadfastly refused to partake in what they saw as 'UnChristain', Pagan behaviour so  I have never really be enthused by the whole thing.

A recent disturbing trend on recent years has been the practice of throwing eggs at  houses that appear to have people in but don't answer the door to "guisers",  We try to go out on Halloween now.

Jim

That's the trick part!

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

When calling in at my local on Tesco on Halloween evening, I'm sure I have seen eggs and flour removed fro the aisles to make it harder for teenagers to acquire 'ammunition'

As a child my parents steadfastly refused to partake in what they saw as 'UnChristain', Pagan behaviour so  I have never really be enthused by the whole thing.

... or they had sold out

• RMweb Gold

Kids were doing that 35 years ago down my way. 

I think I'll try presenting the bowl of treats with the "In the true spirit of Halloween, several of these contain poison" notice on it.

Personally, I feel frightened when I see the shelves of Halloween tat for sale in the local Tesco's and realise the Merkin's have foisted another worthless profit making scam on us. What next?

• Like 1

...As a child my parents steadfastly refused to partake in what they saw as 'UnChristian', Pagan behaviour ...

That sounds familiar. No extraordinary hoorah at Christmas, no chocolate at Easter either? My Pa would have been right there with Old Noll suppressing maypoles and anything else that might have pagan roots. Then again the pancakes were excellent with speck and stroop, much better than lemon and sugar; and Guy Fawkes night was celebrated with gusto.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That sounds familiar. No extraordinary hoorah at Christmas, no chocolate at Easter either? My Pa would have been right there with Old Noll suppressing maypoles and anything else that might have pagan roots. Then again the pancakes were excellent with speck and stroop, much better than lemon and sugar; and Guy Fawkes night was celebrated with gusto.

I had to Google 'speck and stroop'.

• RMweb Premium

I think I'll try presenting the bowl of treats with the "In the true spirit of Halloween, several of these contain poison" notice on it.

Personally, I feel frightened when I see the shelves of Halloween tat for sale in the local Tesco's and realise the Merkin's have foisted another worthless profit making scam on us. What next?

Christmas!

• RMweb Premium

Hi folks,

That's the petty vandalism started around here.  Group of four primary school children causing the chaos (no adult in sight).  Young family across the street just had their large front window 'egged' for not answering the door; they were out 'guising'.  Enough force was used that it set of their burglar alarm; needless to say the other neighbours hid behind the curtains.  (Earlier the children came to us, and I told them we didn't do 'trick or treat'; they simply left with their faces tripping them.)

Hope the rest of you have a quiet night.

Regards,

Alex.