If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

"Fat Controller" figure for 4mm...

Hi all,

Recently, I have had a desire to capture the famous railway controller on my layout for some time now, and have not been able to find a suitable casting for him in 4mm scale.

The most suitable casting i have come across is the Langely Funeral Director, shown here in N gauge (thanks Chrislock):

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/10495-johnson-spinner-in-n-gauge/page__view__findpost__p__113084

Of course, the issue is the chap is in 2mm scale, and I can't find a 4mm scale version of it anywhere embarassed.gif

If anyone could help me, preferably with pictures, then I'd be very happy. :D

- Jack

Possibly the old Britain's Lilliput farmer might be a basis (if you can find one - collectors lurk). He's nicely beefy and just needs a top hat. Detail is not too hot though (and it's lead). Else there is probably something in the Preiser range.

• RMweb Gold

then this is most definitely Parker of Thunderbirds fame and i claim my £5!!!

post-5408-127015927542_thumb.jpg

"Parker! Take off my blouse!" "Yes, m'lady."

"Parker! Take off my bra!" "Yes, m'lady."

"Parker! Take off my skirt!" "Yes, m'lady."

"Parker! Take off my knickers!" "Yes, m'lady!"

"Right, Parker! If I find you wearing them again - you'll be sacked!" "Very good, m'lady."

I don't know if this helps - but this is what I'm going to use:

productimages%5CHO_SCALE%5C5708.jpg

Specifically, the portly gentleman, 4th from the right. I will have to fashion a top hat for him, and repaint his clothes (and add a waistcoat), but he's fat enough, and since he is actually HO scale, he scales out at just under 5 feet tall in OO scale, which ought to be close for the fat controller. He's available from Model Power, part number 5708.

Archived