RMweb

Which issue of MRN am I looking for

folks, I'm hoping someone on here can answer this question as Google and Wikipedia can't!

Perusing my copy of "An Index to Railway Model Drawings" by S.A. Leleux, i have identified two issues of MRN containing drawings of Taff Vale signal-boxes that I wish to acquire.

Most unhelpfully Leleux doesn't list the drawings by year/month but by year/page! So does anyone know in which month of the 1960 volume Page 164 appeared and in which month of the 1966 volume page 41 appeared?

thanks in anticipation

Tim T

• RMweb Premium

folks, I'm hoping someone on here can answer this question as Google and Wikipedia can't!

Perusing my copy of "An Index to Railway Model Drawings" by S.A. Leleux, i have identified two issues of MRN containing drawings of Taff Vale signal-boxes that I wish to acquire.

Most unhelpfully Leleux doesn't list the drawings by year/month but by year/page! So does anyone know in which month of the 1960 volume Page 164 appeared and in which month of the 1966 volume page 41 appeared?

thanks in anticipation

Tim T

Don't know, does this website help?

http://www.magazineexchange.co.uk/model-railway-news-magazine/

Could be Feb/March 1960  and August 1966. But only a guess as the listing only shows 'signal boxes' but no details as to which ones!

Edit to add.

Someone with access to 'Model Railway Constructor Special  Vol 7' may be able to help - I can't find my copy at present!

Edited by kevinlms

• RMweb Premium

MRN page 164 1960, should read 163, and not a drawing but a photograph of Ynysybwl signalbox.

Page 41 was in the January 1966 MRN, and is again not a drawing, but a photograph of Ely Paper Mills and Waterhall Junction signalboxes.

Good to someone still has a good library and quick access to it. There are far too many threads on RMWeb with comments like 'I needed the space and couldn't give old magazines away, so they went in the recycling'.

Good to someone still has a good library and quick access to it. There are far too many threads on RMWeb with comments like 'I needed the space and couldn't give old magazines away, so they went in the recycling'.

Kevin, I have had all mine bound into yearly volumes, they are now easy to keep and find, and they take up little space.

Page 41 was in the January 1966 MRN, and is again not a drawing, but a photograph of Ely Paper Mills and Waterhall Junction signalboxes.

I type this about mid-way between the sites of both boxes.

Which were separated by Ely (Fairwater Road) Goods 'box.

Took my first railway photo alongside Waterhall Jct. box.

Sorry about the rosy memories.

Brian R

• RMweb Gold

Which is where I am at. Neaarly a complete set of RM from year dot up to about 2005, many bound and probably heading for recycling as I don’t have the room anymore.

Roy