Hillport Goods

sf315

After Two days of operation the layout has worked great it’s doing exactly what I wanted it to do.

When the lights went out in the hall today we turned our layout lights off as well and used the yard lighting on the layout to carry on in the dark. 

Hopefully we can have another good day tomorrow. 

If anyone has any shots they’ve taken of the layout and would like to share them on here I’d like to see them to see what other’s see as a pic of the layout. 

Thanks Steve. 

• Like 3

Well that went well 

the layout operated great over the weekend and we really enjoyed operating it. There were no major problems with anything. The layout loaded in the car well and the cover I made for the end board worked great allowing the majority of rolling stock to be carried in boxes sat on it and strapped down with bungee straps. 

I’ve a couple of small jobs to do before it goes out again to Macclesfield at the end of this month. 

I would like to thank those who came with me and helped over the weekend and made it successful. 

Ive seen 3 videos on you tube of the layout and thanks to the people who made the videos.

If anyone took any pics of the layout and would like to share on here I’d like to see what others see as a picture. 

Roll on Macclesfield now. 

Thanks Steve. 

919CDA96-BF93-420C-88E9-5AD0A93BC9CA.jpeg

46E990CE-9E24-4105-8332-FE8E20F5FA6E.jpeg

6ABE540F-4459-4154-9140-46BB5C37B8D9.jpeg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Hi Steve

I couldn’t make Glasgow this year, so Im looking forward to seeing your new 0 Gauge masterpiece at Macclesfield.

Did you make your annual trip this year for a Fish & Chips supper at Helensburgh ?

Terry 

2 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Hi Steve

I couldn’t make Glasgow this year, so Im looking forward to seeing your new 0 Gauge masterpiece at Macclesfield.

Did you make your annual trip this year for a Fish & Chips supper at Helensburgh ?

Terry 

Hello Terry 

It was an excellent show as usual plenty of interesting layouts to look at and traders with their wares to buy. 

We have no need to go to Helensbrugh as some of the best fish and chips I’ve ever had are in the centre of Glasgow. 

8 of us went to the Blue Lagoon fish bar underneath Glasgow Central station. We’ve had a fish tea before there. 

See you at Macclesfield 

Steve. 

• Like 1

Great to read your "show time" was excellent Steve.  

I see you have found 3 videos of Hillport Goods.  When I looked I could see some of the show but not specifically your layout but I may have been a little quick of the mark so I'll revisit the web.

Just in case could you post a link for me to follow, thanks.

Best

• 3 weeks later...

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been attending to a couple of improvements to how the layout loads into the car and modified how the lights are secured on the lighting rig. 

Some stock has been exchanged to what we run in Glasgow and all checked along with the locomotives. Today the layout has been cleaned and is ready for its next out at Macclesfield next weekend. Details are in the exhibitions bit of the forum. 

Once again looking forward to taking it out and hopefully see some of you there. 

Steve. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, sf315 said:

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been attending to a couple of improvements to how the layout loads into the car and modified how the lights are secured on the lighting rig. 

Some stock has been exchanged to what we run in Glasgow and all checked along with the locomotives. Today the layout has been cleaned and is ready for its next out at Macclesfield next weekend. Details are in the exhibitions bit of the forum. 

Once again looking forward to taking it out and hopefully see some of you there. 

Steve. 

Have you modified the rear lights on the Marina?

26 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Have you modified the rear lights on the Marina?

No Clive as when the the guy was on about them to his mates and Dave. I was putting another train on in the fiddle yard so wasn’t really listening to what he was saying. Think I’ll put the BR transit van on at Macclesfield. 

Edited by sf315
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

The layout is dusted off and set up prior to its next run of shows.

I have made a few modifications to enable carrying the controller and transformers better this will help in setting up. 

Shows till the end of the year 

are 

guildex at Stafford  showground in Bingley Hall at the start of September 

Looking forward to this one as it’s the big O gauge do of the year and they’ve moved from Telford to somewhere even closer to where I live. 

Next show is Barrow in Furness in October and to finish off with the Crewe show put on by the Alsager Model Railway Association. 

Good to be back out with the layout. 

Steve. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Track cleaning today ahead of Guildex next weekend. The layout is entered in the guilds O gauge small layouts competition held Over from 2020. 

There will be 5 layouts at Stafford that were entered. 

A recent pic of a25 in the goods dock while I’ve been giving the locomotives a test over the last few weeks. 

F57E82C9-A750-4F48-AD91-0D34410B5A64.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the weekend at guildex the layout ran really well. 
It was nice to receive all the comments regarding the layout and stock, and speak to many people.
If has any pictures they’d like to share on here of the layout I’d love to see them as it’s always good to see another persons perspective and what they see as a picture of the layout or stock. 
Thanks 

DD4B23C7-4CFD-49B7-B1C6-4BF58094A337.jpeg

46D86EB0-52E0-4716-98B9-485FA3C82816.jpeg

A36D6EF6-EBD7-4E7C-B49C-23738B2C0677.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The layouts last show for the year is a local show for me in Crewe held by the Alsager Railway Association. Details dates etc in the exhibitions section. 

Stock and layout is ready to go to be honest not changing much from what we ran at Barrow in October. Although Pete my second operator wants the cargowaggon bogie van to have a run out. 

The next outing for the layout is at the end of January at the Pontefract show. 

• Like 1

I'll look up the dates etc later as this might be a good one to visit.  I think I could sell it to my wife as we used to live in the area 2 years in Wincham, Northwich and 3 years in Holmes Chapel so we may do a stop over and visit a few pubs we know.

Best

Edit:  Oh bum! it's this weekend and that may be too soon to make arrangements, pity.

Edited by Barnaby

2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I'll look up the dates etc later as this might be a good one to visit.  I think I could sell it to my wife as we used to live in the area 2 years in Wincham, Northwich and 3 years in Holmes Chapel so we may do a stop over and visit a few pubs we know.

Best

Edit:  Oh bum! it's this weekend and that may be too soon to make arrangements, pity.

If you look there’s quite a few O gauge layouts at this show. And it’s not until the 12/13 of November. 

Oh is it, when I looked it says 4, 5, 6 Nov with the public in Sat 5 and Sun 6 with Crewe as the location.  I need to look it up again.

My Mistake I only looked for the Crewe bit and not the Alsager part of the location. 🥴

Thanks Steve

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Into 2023 we go and the first show for the layout this year is Pontefract 28/29 January details can be found in the exhibitions part of the forum. Think there’s a few O Gauge layouts listed to appear  there this year. 

Other dates for the layout this year as yet are the DEMU show in June and Stafford club show in September. 

CB013ACE-4509-4E6D-A478-DAD439C20FD7.jpeg

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

Hello all it’s been a while since I have put anything on here. 

A blatant nod that the layout is going to be in Railway Modeller June issue as the next outing for the layout will be the DEMU Showcase event. 

Other  shows this year for the layout are the Mid Essex show in September at Shenfield and also the Stafford model railway club show, last show of the year for the layout is Warley at the NEC. 

Ive been working on stock but not necessarily for Hillport as there’s another layout on the way. 

I’ve also been giving my railfreight 31 a run on Hillport. 

Thanks Steve 

5D0CA52B-A7BA-4656-849A-F90E48DF32BD.jpeg

5D7AB1C3-ECD5-43F7-9AF6-CDAA2A3C42DF.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Am hoping to make it to DEMU this year as Avanti trains scuppered it last year cancelling a load of trains from London on the day 🥺

Looking forward to see the layout 👍🏼

Edited by bcnPete
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, sf315 said:

Hello all it’s been a while since I have put anything on here. 

A blatant nod that the layout is going to be in Railway Modeller June issue as the next outing for the layout will be the DEMU Showcase event. 

Other  shows this year for the layout are the Mid Essex show in September at Shenfield and also the Stafford model railway club show, last show of the year for the layout is Warley at the NEC.

Very nice, look forward to seeing it at DEMU and I am also exhibiting my O gauge plank at Stafford so see you there too!

• Like 1

Hopefully I'll get to see the layout at Shenfield, I'm exhibiting there for the first time myself, I'll have to get an Operator at lunch sign so I can come and have a look. 😉

• Like 1

• 4 months later...