Isopropanol.. Whats the next best thing?

Ooh, maybe I don't wanna be telling my Guvnor I'm helping myself!?

EG IPA 25 LITRES 25 LITRES(EGIPA25)

£163.68

That's from Litho Supplies, ex VAT probably. We have an account so won't pay that price.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

Its for Track cleaning.. Sorry i didnt mention that.. 

I use meths. It is chemically fairly close to IPA but a little more volatile, which is good for track cleaning.

Meths is actually mostly ethanol but with a drop of methanol added to make it poisonous to drink & therefore not burden to the same tax as booze.

Edited by Pete the Elaner

From Youtube ... Big Clive [the electrical guru] and testing things electrical, tried Meths to find out if if the chemicals added make it undrinkable. Warning...... contains strong reactive language.....and is funny.

Always love some Big Clive.  Even if most of the electrical stuff goes over my head.  

I use iso butane to clean track and thin enamels for air brushing. Good old fashioned lighter fluid. Around £3 for 100ml these days. 

Not sure how you use isobutane as a track cleaner, it's a gas at normal room temperature and pressure. Old fashioned liquid lighter fluid is a petroleum based product and for £3 I can buy 3 x 133ml cans from my local supermarket.

Brian