Getting back into DCC, automation and routing

Lacathedrale

Digikeijs have built an occupancy detector with Railcom and I have seen it working :) which is does perfectly, reporting the loco ID back to the controlling software

Currently I am awaiting delivery of one to see how well it works with the Z21 as the demo was with a DR5000.

the details are here

https://www.digikeijs.com/dr5088rc-digidetect.html

• RMweb Premium

Digikeijs have built an occupancy detector with Railcom and I have seen it working :) which is does perfectly, reporting the loco ID back to the controlling software

Currently I am awaiting delivery of one to see how well it works with the Z21 as the demo was with a DR5000.

the details are here

https://www.digikeijs.com/dr5088rc-digidetect.html

Showing zero in stock at the moment!

Keith

• RMweb Gold

One of the key issues with Railcom and occupancy detectors is that vehicles with lighting or resistor wheelsets will turn on a detector, but then there's no decoder id to retrieve. For example, take my M7 + push-pull set: the rear coach has resistor wheelsets to trip the detector when the set is being propelled, thus ensuring train tracking via RR&Co Traincontroller works accurately. 

Although Railcom will have its uses, I cannot see how you could use Railcom reporting to replace routine train tracking in an automated environment. 

Edited by RFS

Showing zero in stock at the moment!

Keith

I know Keith, that is why I am still waiting on mine - they have despatched to selected customers for final acceptance and will despatch the pre-order customers after that approval then place stock on sale for new orders :)

Hope it appears before Christmas but not holding my breath :(