Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

Hi RIchard.

The photos look fantastic. Thank you for letting me put my 08's and BWT on Orchard Road on Sunday at Woody Bay also playing with Orchard Road at the weekend

It was a good weekend.

Thank you.

see you tonight at the club.

RAY70B

• Like 1

Good to see you guys again on Sunday - hope the week-end was good for you both. Also, excellent to see green diesels on "Orchard Road" (Sorry about that!!), not that I'm biased or anything.........

Anyway, regards to you both & remember me to Darren.

Cheers

exmoordave

• RMweb Gold

Good to see you guys again on Sunday - hope the week-end was good for you both. Also, excellent to see green diesels on "Orchard Road" (Sorry about that!!), not that I'm biased or anything.........

Anyway, regards to you both & remember me to Darren.

Cheers

exmoordave

Hi Dave,

Yes, we had a great weekend. Went much better than expected to be honest!

I was a little concerned about exhibiting in a marquee!

Thank fully no leaks!

The grass was quite wet in places under foot, but not where we were standing, so not too much of a problem.

Would I do it again? Yes, I would!

I did like to run Ray's green diesels!

They didn't look out of place!

Perhaps I need a few green ones myself ....

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Love the latest set of photos Richard, and sorry I never made it to Woddy Bay over the weekend. Serious amounts of taxi-ing children around were happening!

All the best,

Dave.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well, with the weather being too cold today and not much planned with the family, I managed to find sometime in the garage!

Orchard Road was un-packed - making a bit of space moving the extra Christmas food / beer - and then erected.

After a little track cleaning, I ran a few locos. I did have a problem with one of the 31's - this is fitted with a Bachmann decoder, but launches itself off from a standstill. Tried to change some of the CV's but then the decoder managed to get messed-up, so needed a re-set! May be worthwhile changing the decoder to a better one .... My other 31 (also with a Bachmann decoder) is not so bad and I did try the same settings ....

I took a few photos. We have just bought ourselves a new DVD camera, so took some video. Just need to edit and get onto YouTube at some stage ....

post-7854-0-15314100-1356366611.jpg

post-7854-0-04150300-1356366615.jpg

post-7854-0-40502100-1356366618.jpg

post-7854-0-27939000-1356366625.jpg

Arrival and shunting of a short PW train. The pill-box needs weathering.

post-7854-0-08128500-1356366628.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

No modelling for the last couple of days, but off shopping tomorrow (inevitable sales). However, does mean a trip to the model shop, so may come back with a few goodies!

A few days off work will hopefully give me time to add a few small details ....

• Like 1

No modelling for the last couple of days, but off shopping tomorrow (inevitable sales). However, does mean a trip to the model shop, so may come back with a few goodies!

A few days off work will hopefully give me time to add a few small details ....

Nothing on your workbench since Sept Richard - what are you on with or is it fine detailing OR?

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

To be honest, I've not been doing too much modelling. I have a few projects to finish, plus a few bits for our club layout (Tawbridge).

I've been making a few buildings for future projects, but as yet don't really have anything to add to my 'workbench'.

There are few small details that I have in mind for adding to OR - a couple of bits inside the shed (and still considering interior lights) and one small area that needs a little bit of 'junk' adding.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard

Hi Richard, re your lurching 31, well I had the same problem with a brand new Jubilee, I rang Bachmann and the young lady talked me through changing CV54 TO 10 AND 55 TO 60, A friend ahd a similar problem with a 3f and that was change to 10 and I think it was 20?

I know it is a Hornby loco but Bachmann Tachnical may still help.

Good luck.

Andy.