Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

I certainly will be Richard, wish i lived closer to Barnstaple would be a treat to see Orchard Road in the flesh, looking forward to the other things planned too

Neil

• RMweb Gold

Cool, Thanks for the info Andy, I will defiantly be there again then, a highlight for me for sure, is it 2012 yet laugh1.giflaugh1.gif

Neil

Not quite 2012 yet, only half way through this year!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard,

When will you stop...... You are just blowing my mind away with all this fantastic craft work.

Pure mind blowing and looking forward to seeing the layout at the Barnstaple model show.

Chris

Hi Chris - still a few more things to do! I will stop one day though as there is a risk of over-doing it! There are few electrical details / lights that I want to add and this will probably be about it!

As mentioned before, I wanted to add quite a few details inside the shed and keep everything outside more sparse and keep a sense of space.

Excelent level of detail in the shed :D great layout. keep up the work! :good_mini:

Thanks DP - I enjoy adding the details and I've not seen many sheds with detail inside - so wanted to do something a bit different!

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Not much progress on the shed interior, but hope to get a bit more finished over the weekend. Just noticed that now reached over 31000 views - thanks for checking the thread out!

Only two weeks to go to the next exhibition in Barnstaple (30th July) so want to get a few bits finished before then!

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I was hoping to get some more bits glued inside the shed, but had a few problems getting things to stick in the right place - a bit frustrating, so will change slightly what I had planned. Hope to get this sorted in the next few days!

I did get chance to tweak the weathering on my OCA wagons, so thought a couple of photos would look OK, so have attached these below.

post-7854-0-81620300-1310929217_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-23338700-1310929230_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Neil. They are quite good fun to make and unique. I have a few now and each one is different.

Less then two weeks to go to the Barnstaple show and want to get a view little bits finished inside the shed. In another mad moment (thanks to a suggestion by Darren01), I have made a few oil cans. These are quite small, being only 3mm tall and the photo does highlight the crudeness! I will glue these in place later, but will probably feel a little lost in the shed, but I know that they are there and will hopefully add to the detail in the shed!

These have been made from a view small pieces of Evergreen plastic strip and painted with acrylics - as normal.

post-7854-0-08156600-1311182654_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, the oil cans have now found their way onto the layout and have been glued in position - a couple have ended up in the shed and will show up in photos later.

I've also made a bench and table, complete with newspaper - another mad moment. All painted, but yet to be glued in place!

post-7854-0-33203200-1311198442_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

That picnic bench is a masterpiece; I keep having to remind myself that this is 4mm scale!

I guess the photo shows it about four-times full size?

Cheers,

Dave.

HI Richard

"Stop it man your go blind! "

Yet another bit of amazing micro work, the oil cans look good and the news paper is brilliant, it’s the small details that make a good model.

Keep up the good work mate!

All the best

Darren

• RMweb Gold

That picnic bench is a masterpiece; I keep having to remind myself that this is 4mm scale!

I guess the photo shows it about four-times full size?

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave

The table is 12mm high!

I am so used to adding details to 7mm narrow gauge layouts, I thought 'I wonder what is actually possible in 4mm?' Of course there are limits, but I find that adding the details brings everything to life.

I decided a while ago that I did not want many figures, so have to make up for 'signs of life' using various details!

Also, keeps me occupied!

HI Richard

"Stop it man your go blind! "

Yet another bit of amazing micro work, the oil cans look good and the news paper is brilliant, it’s the small details that make a good model.

Keep up the good work mate!

All the best

Darren

Hi Darren,

Certainly going a bit mad! Thanks for comments - I just fancied having a newspaper on the desk (don't think that it is a NotW though!)

There getting better and better mate, more stunning detail great work Richard, just needs a chap with a flask and a packet of fags laugh1.gif

Neil

Hi Neil,

I had thought about a flask / mug sat on the table! A packet of fags may be a little extreme! I've seen a few packets of fags modeled in 1/12 scale and they look fantastic, just think very feasible in 4mm.

A few years ago there was a7mm exhibition layout where there was a figure actually 'smoking'. Can't remember the name of the builder of the top of my head (Martin something I think), but have the articles of his layout in the Raiilway Modeller. Sadly he died a few years back.

oil cans and bench are brilliant, can we expect a squirrel to appear shortly as well?

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks.

I have thought about a few animals hiding in the grass, but not got that far yet.

Richard

• RMweb Gold

You certainly have a skill for the minute details! The inside of the shed is amazing!

Very inspiring work indeed!

Regards

Lee :)

Hi Lee

Thanks for the comments - I've had great fun detailing the inside of the shed. It's not something that is seen very often - just wanted to do something a bit different!

Richard

• RMweb Gold

The bench, table (with newspaper) have been glued into the shed, along with a coat hanging on the locker! This is on side that is not easy to see from the front - I may need to have a mirror on the backscene so that visitors at an exhibition can see into the shed!

Also, just another shot at the end of the siding with one of the OCA's loaded with scrap!

Probably won't get much time for more updates until the weekend.

post-7854-0-62983900-1311445544_thumb.jpg

post-7854-0-50626900-1311445554_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

COAT HANGERS?? outstanding mate, i dont think there is anything to small, maybe a pen next to the paper for the cross word laugh.gif

On the viewing subject, maybe you could make the roof lift at an angle towards the backscene, this could in turn have a mirror on the inside which will then show the detail inside of the building.

great work mate

Neil

• RMweb Gold

COAT HANGERS?? outstanding mate, i dont think there is anything to small, maybe a pen next to the paper for the cross word laugh.gif

On the viewing subject, maybe you could make the roof lift at an angle towards the backscene, this could in turn have a mirror on the inside which will then show the detail inside of the building.

great work mate

Neil

Hi Nell,

Coat hangers !! :laugh:

I'm mad, but not that mad. The 'coat' is simply glued in place with a spot of PVA.

A few more bits may indeed get added onto the table yet!

The roof is a completely separate unit and clips onto the four walls and not sure how I could hinge it up. I thought maybe a clip-on mirror onto the backscene may work, but I won't get chance to have a look for anything before the next show!