Bachmann D11 31-147

mikesndbs

Hi Guys

A late Xmas gift arrived today in the form of the very beautiful D11 in Great Central livery. Just WOW.

However it comes with many parts.

I have worked out where the guard irons go and that probably I can't fit the frame fillets.

There are however 3 small item that don't seem to be mentioned in the instructions, can member help me out please?

post-1423-0-37720500-1514409832_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, what a lovely loco these are.

Have you any pictures of your completed ones please?

Lovely locos indeed. Of no use to you, I’m sure, but just for fun. It would be nice if Bachy were to provide a hook without the links to fill the hole in the rear buffer beam; I’d rather not chop the moulding.

post-26289-0-87493700-1514465798.jpg

post-26289-0-47587400-1514465808.jpg

• Like 4

Lovely locos indeed. Of no use to you, I’m sure, but just for fun. It would be nice if Bachy were to provide a hook without the links to fill the hole in the rear buffer beam; I’d rather not chop the moulding.

Thanks, our D11s look very different, mine is a 4-4-0?

Re the hook, I just snip off (and ave done) the chain links leaving just the hook. Model has to work lol

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, both the guard irons and fillets can foul the front bogie swing on toy train curves. I have three foot radius curves, and I've still had to leave them off it. With them on the bogie derailed all the time.

Best regards,

Rob.

They are the lamps which I fitted onto the edition which I have. I believe they are GCR pattern, but could be wrong.

Best regards,

Rob.

Here are some examples of GCR lamps for comparison. It looks to be that Bachmann have accomplished this task well.

Nick

post-25546-0-77902000-1514827000.jpg

post-25546-0-10938100-1514827009.jpg

• Like 2