GW Dean, Churchward & Collett Coaches

The website should be up and running.  Please note that it is no longer www.gwrcoaches.org.uk, you need to leave off the www.  Being a bit of web novice I'm not sure if it is how it shoul work or if I need to do something.

You can now link into any of the pages and even link to a specific diagram by adding #D40 to the link (assuming you want to link to a D40 !).

Edited by Penrhos1920
Added the missing g to .org.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Penrhos1920 changed the title to GW Dean, Churchward & Collett Coaches
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Penrhos1920 said:

The website should be up and running.  Please note that it is no longer www.gwrcoaches.or.uk, you need to leave off the www.  Being a bit of web novice I'm not sure if it is how it shoul work or if I need to do something.

You can now link into any of the pages and even link to a specific diagram by adding #D40 to the link (assuming you want to link to a D40 !).

Thank you! I am getting this error message though:

"Please stand by while configuration is in progress."

12 hours ago, Mikkel said:

The web address is wrong, the g is missing, it should be - gwrcoaches.org.uk -

Edited by jcm@gwr
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Is that when you use the link in my signature or when you type in "gwrcoaches.or.uk"?  Yes I've missed the g from org.

2 minutes ago, Penrhos1920 said:

Is that when you use the link in my signature or when you type in "gwrcoaches.or.uk"?  Yes I've missed the g from org.

When you type it in, it doesn't work,

if you click on the bottom link (My website about GWR built Coaches) it works,

but the middle link (My website about Penrhos) doesn't

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Penrhos1920 said:

Just done a little more testing. In Chrome I get the error message ("Please stand by while configuration is in progress") regardless of whether I add www or not. In Edge it works fine.

So the site seems to have issues with Chrome for some reason. Unfortunately, as far as I know Chrome is far more widely used than Edge. Maybe other Chrome users could try it out?

Edit: The above applies to typing it in, as Jeff says. Your signature link works in both Edge and Chrome for me.

Edited by Mikkel

On 02/04/2022 at 08:16, Miss Prism said:

All links to Penhros.me.uk from gwr.org.uk now updated, but I find it awkward not to be able to link to specific pages, particularly now the coach area has its dedicated domain.

Coaches are now hosted separately on https://gwrcoaches.org.uk.  This means links to specific pages are working and it is possible to link to a specific diagram eg https://gwrcoaches.org.uk/Tdiags.shtml#T41 or https://gwrcoaches.org.uk/Clerestories2.shtml#C13

I've been through this entire thread and updated all of the links on my posts.  Unfortunately I can't do anyone elses links 🙁

For some reason the menu is only working on the home page.  Well that's buggered up my afternoon.

Could someone please have a good look around and see if there are any other problems with the site.  Thanks.

Edited by Penrhos1920
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Penrhos1920 said:

.....For some reason the menu is only working on the home page.  Well that's buggered up my afternoon.

Could someone please have a good look around and see if there are any other problems with the site.  Thanks.

I have just looked on my laptop and iPad both running Safari.

Menus are missing across the pages I have looked at - using the back arrow, gets you back there eventually!

In opening up a photo of a carriage, depending on which one (Collet 70ft) it only shows half the image on the screen (even on the laptop). Other images ( C22 ) were fine.

Good luck with the bug fixing, its a very useful site to have around.

• Thanks 1

I’m relieved to report that the menus are now fixed.  

I have also made it so that pop-up photos of drawings no longer exceed the screen width; thanks to Neal pointing that out.

Sorting this out that has made me realise why I got so little modelling done last year.  It also makes me wonder how I’m going to scan and upload the 200+ photos I’ve got of coaches, let alone some lovely drawings of underframes.

• Thanks 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Richard,

Many thanks for all your continuing efforts to further our understanding of GWR coaches. You have made modelling these carriages in all their variety so much easier.

Regards,

Duncan

• Like 1
  • Agree 4