Combined postage for foreign buyer

backofanenvelope

It's bad enough playing "postage rate roulette" when you are an overseas buyer without having ebay itself being amongst the worst of the offenders.

Kudos to those who go the extra mile to try and keep things sensible, luckily there are few of you out there.

Mike.

And the slowest - I have constantly had ebay moaning about late delivery rates for international orders - the culprits all went through GSP and were all dispatched same day from me! 

• RMweb Premium

Never ever use Global Shipping Programme if you think you might attract a buyer of several items. It is incredibly inflexible. As a seller, I found this out the hard way, so no longer use GSP.

Meh. The buyer will likely know they can’t get combined postage, or you can take it out of the GSP if you want. Otherwise it’s very easy, and offers a load of extra protection versus ‘normal’ sales. I’d rather sell through the GSP than to a UK buyer. I had someone buy 5 lots through the GSP, we discussed it, but he was happy using it.

Never had any late deliveries flagged, nor complaints from eBay or buyers. Works for me.

Edited by njee20

• RMweb Gold

Never had any late deliveries flagged, nor complaints from eBay or buyers. Works for me.

I've not had a problem with GSP either.

If a bidder wants to combine postage I've been able to send a separate invoice to them for multiple purchases and they've paid it and ignored the GSP invoice. I did that only last week on 3 albums sold to the US and 2 to France.

I do have at the moment a buyer in Italy who thinks that not only is the cost of GSP too much, but also the cost of Royal Mail international, even though I've sent the link to their prices.

Edited by chris p bacon