Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

TV presenters you either love or hate

allan downes

David Attenborough  gets plenty of 'likes' here and rightly so.

Inoffensive, quietly spoken, says just enough to get his point across, no glamorous make where he prefers his natural wild hair to studio make overs, terrific presenter, terrific guy, my vote for number one slot.

His elder brother, Ritchard Attenborough, also a great screen persona.

Allan.

Sorry but Dickanddom is a lot less irritating than Antanddec.

I would say that it would be totally impossible to find anyone anywhere near as more irritating than Ant and Dec - or richer. £30,000,000 as a divorce settlement for Christ's sake !! Absolutely obscene.

But that  really annoying pair, Dick and Dom come, as close as makes no difference but, please, don't tell me they're worth £60,000,000 each like those other two right in your face imbeciles !

Allan

My top 5 of both for you:

Favourites:

1. Chris Evans (It may be a generational thing, I've enjoyed him since the 90s)

2. Fiona Bruce (Speaks for itself)

3. James May (My hero)

4. Rick Stein (I find his enthusiasm for food, literature and travel infectious)

5. Claudia Winkleman (Well who wouldnt?)

Worst:

1. Rylan Clarke (Mrs Wollastonblues favourite, but I find him soooo annoying)

2. Evan Davis (Destroyed Newsnight)

3. Any of the Loose Women (How is this program allowed?)

4. Alex Jones (Sorry just don't get it)

5. Jo Coburn (Very condascending on the Daily Politics show)

The thing to remember with Dick & Dom is that it's kids TV, either on a Saturday morning or at 6pm. It's supposed to be stupid, inane and brightly coloured. Ant + Dec are presenting programs aimed at adults. Not really a valid comparison.

Though being irritated by kids TV is totally understandable. Thankfully I don't see much of it, but I suspect I'd be scratching my eyes out if I did...

I liked Rick Stein - until I found out that he owned most of Padstow, Devon thus making it impossible for young locals to buy a home.

There's a massive difference between fair profit and out, and out greed.  

Average price ? £37 !!!! - 5 quid here locally and every bit as good without all the faff  and celebrity status thrown in.

No wonder  he's worth 36 million !

Allan

Edited by allan downes

• RMweb Gold

I liked Rick Stein - until I found out that he owned most of Padstow, Devon thus making it impossible for young locals to buy a home.

Average price ? £37 !!!! - 5 quid here locally and every bit as good without all the faff  and celebrity status thrown in.

Allan

You mean 'Padstein' Allan.

I find it funny that people will queue outside his fish and chip shop in Falmouth when half a dozen doors away you can get better for less and know the name of the trawler, captain & crew and where caught.

Edited by chris p bacon
  • Like 2

Ah, Bill Hamilton, a former neighbour and friend - nice guy. He was maybe 6 years older than me but as a great football enthusiast, kindly took me as a youngster to alternately Dundee and Dundee United games on a Saturday afternoon (the grounds were within easy walking distance and fixtures were such that two teams were rarely at home on the same day), that is until my maternal grandfather found out and took me to Dundee reserves games on some alternate Saturdays. Bill became the youngest ever football referee in Scotland at the time aged 14.

Thanks for the reply.

He certainly came across as being a genuine football fan, involved on the pitch as a referee as well as a spectator.

Bernard

• RMweb Premium

I would say that it would be totally impossible to find anyone anywhere near as more irritating than Ant and Dec - or richer. £30,000,000 as a divorce settlement for Christ's sake !! Absolutely obscene.

But that  really annoying pair, Dick and Dom come, as close as makes no difference but, please, don't tell me they're worth £60,000,000 each like those other two right in your face imbeciles !

Allan

Antanddec are worth about £80,000 as they are a composite persona

Dickanddom a similar amount, same reason

• RMweb Premium

I find it funny that people will queue outside his fish and chip shop in Falmouth when half a dozen doors away you can get better for less and know the name of the trawler, captain & crew and where caught.

Just use Harbour Lights, they used to supply the Stein shop anyway

• Like 1

I bought some fish and chips from his Padstien shop a while ago. Worst fish and chips I have ever had the displeasure to eat.

• Like 1

My top 5 of both for you:

Favourites:

1. Chris Evans (It may be a generational thing, I've enjoyed him since the 90s)

2. Fiona Bruce (Speaks for itself)

3. James May (My hero)

4. Rick Stein (I find his enthusiasm for food, literature and travel infectious)

5. Claudia Winkleman (Well who wouldnt?)

Worst:

1. Rylan Clarke (Mrs Wollastonblues favourite, but I find him soooo annoying)

2. Evan Davis (Destroyed Newsnight)

3. Any of the Loose Women (How is this program allowed?)

4. Alex Jones (Sorry just don't get it)

5. Jo Coburn (Very condascending on the Daily Politics show)

Is it just me that has no idea who most of these people even are?

• Like 1

Antanddec are worth about £80,000 as they are a composite persona

Dickanddom a similar amount, same reason

You missed out a nought.

Ant and Dec's net worth: The STAGGERING amount the Britain's Got ...
https://www.ok.co.uk › Celebrity Feature

3 days ago - ANT McPartlin and wife Lisa Armstrong are divorcing, which has led to speculation regarding the divorce settlement, and Ant's net worth.

No wonder  he's worth 36 million !

Allan

Padstow is in Cornwall :nono:

Micheala Strychnine , . . . .

Nicki Bl00dy Chapman. . . . . .

Glorious Honeybunch. . . . . . 

Angela Rippoff . . . .. 

Janet Street Furniture . . . . . .. 

I'm stopping now. . . . . I need some medication

John

LLewelin  Bowen, who labels himself as a homestyle consultant.

Gok Wan,  who calls himself a fashion consultant.

The worst two people that appear on the TV.

When they come on I honestly feel like I am going to vomit, I have to get out of the room fast if my wife wants to watch.

They both love their selfes and their stupid appearance.

Keith

I'd like to nominate Jay Rayner (Clair Rayners son) for a place in the Anti Pantheon of presenters, I usually have the misfortune to be listening to Radio 4 on a Tuesday afternoon at 3 (in order to warm the valves of my wireless set up, you understand, in time for my favourite programme 'Making History' at 3.30pm) when his programme 'The Kitchen Cabinet' is finishing,  It's indeed fortunate that I am such a bad shot, as, I have, on more than one occasion, flung a hammer in the direction of the fore mentioned wireless on hearing his smug, condescending and crass attempt at hosting, what could be an interesting programme.  Please Mr Rayner, for Marconi's sake, have a Potnoodle and shut the flip up.

Guy

• Like 1

Its even funnier when they pay three times as much worse at the end of the camel Trail is his fish and chip joint£12+ for cod and chips,my local charges * but along the way in the town the old local chippie does it for 6.

abit like 15 at Wtergate Bay £55 for a taster menu without the plonk over £70 with and thats just lunch!

My son teraches in West Cornwall and cannot afford a mortgage there because of the inflayed prices comers in will pay for a country residence.

rant over

down with Stein, Nathan Outlaw and all the other types who will charge and pay West End prices because of a name

Liked Jamie Oliver until he started making millions out of shite that nobody would ever eat.

Another one is that Gordon Ramsey who supposedly threw out a customer in his London restaurant for asking for some ketchup.

The there's Ainsley Harriot with that sewn on permanently transfixed  goofy smile trying hard to be a comedian but fails on all counts.

Allan

Edited by allan downes
  • Like 1