• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Rowsley17D said:

A very nice offer Lez. Now I am back at home I sleep most of the night and haven't seen 3.30am for a couple of nights!

I've been thinking about what to do with my layout and stock as I shall not be able to get in their myself. Most stock has been modified some way, couplings, weathering and so on. I've a few really good modelling friends who would dismantle things with care and hopefully sell things on. I realise 2nd hand stuff doesn't fetch much and I'm not expecting it to and i am in the fortunate position of not needing it. 

Well I would say that second hand stock seems to be holding it's value very well on the Bay of E. Whenever I've sold RTR locos I've always managed to achieve the price I valued the item at which was basically 3 times that which a well known retailer in Liverpool offered me for them. I would suggest that if selling the items off individually isn't on the cards for you then Tony Wright would be only too pleased to help. I also suggest trying to sell the layout either on eBay or in the classified section of the Modeller. Your layout is very well done and you should not have a problem selling it with or without stock.

Regards Lez.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/12/2023 at 17:03, Rowsley17D said:

I hope fellow modellers will not have thought that I have reported to the boss given the length of time since my last post. 

Hi Jonathan,

I’m pleased that you have retained your sense of humour despite all that is happening.  And glad that you’re home.

Although not very good at remembering, I’ve been mentioning your situation to the boss when I do.

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Hi Jonathan,

I’m pleased that you have retained your sense of humour despite all that is happening.  And glad that you’re home.

Although not very good at remembering, I’ve been mentioning your situation to the boss when I do.

Paul.

I'm sure we're not alone in remembering you to the boss Jonathon.  Glad that you're settled in your own surroundings.

Tony

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks Tony and Paul for your kind words and encouragement. For people of faith : at times there is an overwhelming feeling of being supported by your prayers; for those who are not, then I appreciate your concern and messages of encouragement. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Hi Jonathon,

Your revised signature struck a chord with me. I have enjoyed your topic immensely and have drawn inspiration from it. You've said some other things recently which have also struck a chord:

I live in North Yorkshire

Me too, but guess you are on the western side if you've received treatment in Lancashire.

On 24/11/2023 at 06:04, Rowsley17D said:

My faith is the bedrock of support, together with family, friends and fellow modellers.

It's great to be back home where I can get peace and quiet.

1 hour ago, Rowsley17D said:

For people of faith : at times there is an overwhelming feeling of being supported by your prayers; for those who are not, then I appreciate your concern and messages of encouragement. 

You may not have heard this piece before, but for someone who lives in an area surrounded by Dales of different names, I think this invokes the beauty of the County we both live in. The video is quite old and not great quality, but the audio is superb. 

I tend to put it on, sit back, turn the volume up, shut my eyes and just think of the beautiful scenery we live amongst.

I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks John. Reminds me of the silver band that my prevous parish still has which will be playing at the parish church's carol service tonight and of course the many bands of Wensleydale and Swaledale where we used to live. 

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Jonathan.   You are very much in our prayers.   And I've asked my old housemaster at Ampleforth (Fr Edward Corbould, not sure if you met him in your time there) to add you to his prayer list.   The aftersales service is second to none!   (I left 43 years ago.  He has since married us and christened both children).   As ever, Giles

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Giles, my only dealings with Ampleforth was when the ordination course I was on had a long weekend retreat. We were there over Christ the King, which was quite a celebration. Prayers from any quarter are most welcome. 

Following latest developments on York especially Peter's buildings. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

I do hope you have a wonderful Christmas Day Jonathon. Thank you for all that you share here; the modelling, knowledge, faith and grace on the face of adversity are greatly admired and appreciated. Please know that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I’m afraid I don’t have any modelling to share with you but I recently came across this beautiful specimen, manufactured not far from you in Leeds and now residing and working half way around the world. Enjoy!

IMG_4941.jpeg.caf77371e789faf83be71ce1bd24eea0.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, drmditch said:

Greetings on this Christmas morning.

Hope you find some joy to celebrate.

I'd like to think that there is joy each morning to celebrate, but I know what you mean by celebrating this particular Christmas day of 2023. And yes, there was plenty to celebrate looking back at the day. 

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks for the update Jeff, such sad news. My thoughts with Jonathan’s family.

Always enjoyed following his thread.

Sorely missed there is no doubt.

RIP as you say.

Edited by AdeMoore
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

So sad to hear this news , great modeller and a great person, we first met at Ormesby Hall  when we started to build Pilmoor nearly 30 years ago. I shall miss our annual catch up at York show.

RIP my friend. 

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Physicsman said:

I'm very sad to say that Jonathan passed away on Tuesday, January 9th.

I'd known him since we both worked in the Teesside area nearly 20 years ago, and he was doing some modelling work at Ormesby Hall, Middlesbrough.

Jonathan was always supportive of a fellow Midland modeller - I've always modelled the S&C - and we became great friends over the years.

Such a lovely, generous man. And a really good modeller. His wife Claire and family knew the inevitability of this day once his cancer "re-lapsed" last summer, but we all hoped his recent treatment might produce a solution. 

Jonathan will be sorely missed. 

RIP, my good friend.

Jeff.

Thanks for letting us know Jeff. It was a real pleasure interacting with Jonathon on here and he’ll be missed. 
Condolences to his family and friends. 
RIP

Jay

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thank you for passing on this sad news Jeff.

I had hoped to meet up with Johnathan at some point as we didn't live far apart, sometimes discussing the lesser known local landmarks.

He was always quick to offer help and advice on modelling matters and some of his generosity lives on on my layout.

Rest in peace.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Thank you for passing on the sad news Jeff.

I can’t think of anything to add which others haven’t already said, apart from to say that I’m going to miss seeing the notification “Rowsley17D commented on…”

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for passing on this sad news.  I can't say that I knew Jonathan, but was very impressed by his modelling as displayed on this thread, and also by the way he communicated with us during his illness.  Condolences to his family and friends, RIP.

• Friendly/supportive 1