Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

OO trains running in the garden in deep snow? Yes it will.

Losing wagons was a regular feature when I had OO operating outdoors. (I believe the real railway had much the same trouble with traditional 4W wagons.) They would disappear into 'the foilage' screening the line's structural support, and might be rediscovered if the plant happened to be deciduous, or on those occasions when the lady landscaper decided something needed cutting back/removal/replacement/transplanting. I expect there are still a few scattered around the now lifted route, unless some later gardener has been very thorough.

• Like 1

Losing wagons was a regular feature when I had OO operating outdoors. (I believe the real railway had much the same trouble with traditional 4W wagons.) They would disappear into 'the foilage' screening the line's structural support, and might be rediscovered if the plant happened to be deciduous, or on those occasions when the lady landscaper decided something needed cutting back/removal/replacement/transplanting. I expect there are still a few scattered around the now lifted route, unless some later gardener has been very thorough.

Sometimes slipped couplings result in the last few wagons getting left behind. The train, if unnoticed, will do another circuit then collide with the tail of the train resulting in one of three options:

1. neatly propelling the tail of the train around until noticed.

2. Derail into a huge heap of train usually taking out the train on the adjacent track for good measure.

3. Showering wagons into the undergrowth before carrying on its merry way.

Lost wagons are eventually tracked down after it is noticed that the brake van is missing. Coaches usually result in option 2 as they never depart the track quite so neatly.

• Like 1

treating the scale 15 feet of the stuff like a ferret treats a northerners trouser leg:

Hi Jenny,

A great video as always! Good fun too which is what the hobby is about after all! Although, it has to be said, the above comment has now got me thinking about ‘Snow Drift at Bleath Gill’ and all those wonderful and romantic pictures and films of trains in snow in a whole new way that I’m a little unsettled about...

All the best,

Castle