GWR Full Brake K40 circ 1959

• RMweb Gold

Yes, it's the all over brown coach on ANTB Bob.

Knock me down with a feather I looked on Miss P's site all I found was your K42, so there's no hacking of brass to make them fit I'll 

ask Andy of Wizard to have 2 sets with end kits for me at Expo EM @ Bracknell.

Thanks Rob

Afternoon All

Has anyone managed put the K40 Comet sides on a Airfix "B" set coach with any success?.

Here are several. Two have Comet sides the other Hammond sides, the only difference is the Hammond sides has the recessed door handles etched in with no need to solder scrap brass behind.

post-9992-0-85366800-1525894794_thumb.jpg

post-9992-0-23462000-1525894803_thumb.jpg

and the TPO Offset at one end central gangway at the other.

post-9992-0-21825900-1525894809_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Knock me down with a feather I looked on Miss P's site all I found was your K42, so there's no hacking of brass to make them fit I'll 

ask Andy of Wizard to have 2 sets with end kits for me at Expo EM @ Bracknell.

Thanks Rob

No hacking of brass but there was some plastic harmed. :jester:

post-126-0-02685600-1525895575.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So a bit later in the year than intended, but that's what happens when life gets in the way of modelling  :no: . So I finished this last night, I have to find some cross over security bars for some of the door windows - either that or etch them myself. I would have got them from Dave Geen, but no longer available it seems and no sign yet of the business being sold. Anyway...

post-9192-0-19566300-1539934216_thumb.jpg

kind regards to all

Mike

• Like 7

So a bit later in the year than intended, but that's what happens when life gets in the way of modelling  :no: . So I finished this last night, I have to find some cross over security bars for some of the door windows - either that or etch them myself. I would have got them from Dave Geen, but no longer available it seems and no sign yet of the business being sold. Anyway...

attachicon.gifGWR K40 full brake 1.jpg

kind regards to all

Mike

Brassmasters sell the former Martin Finney window grills. They are part no. E7, cost £1.50. 

Dave R.

• RMweb Premium

So a bit later in the year than intended, but that's what happens when life gets in the way of modelling  :no:

attachicon.gifGWR K40 full brake 1.jpg

kind regards to all

Mike

Hope you  didn't use Araldite.............................

I still have 7 full brakes at the bottom of a box, in a real state of disarray - brass sides peeled away from RTR bodies.

I am too angry/upset/heartbroken/scared/confused/busy to get back onto remedying them.

• RMweb Premium

Hope you  didn't use Araldite.............................

I still have 7 full brakes at the bottom of a box, in a real state of disarray - brass sides peeled away from RTR bodies.

I am too angry/upset/heartbroken/scared/confused/busy to get back onto remedying them.

Is araldite a problem?  I've a few coaches done by glueing sides onto a plastic shell; I think I used plastic-compatible superglue, but not 100% sure ...

• RMweb Premium

After my disaster using Araldite so many people PM'd and emailed to say that the best thing to use is Evo-stick.

Page 5 of my blog - link is below:

Two went very quickly followed a few days later by 2 more.  I think I have 7 gone in total.

The ones done with Evostick are perfect.

Lesson learned.

Edited by M.I.B