Rail Ex TAUNTON 27th & 28th October 2018

peterw

Great day at the Taunton show as usual.

The Roast Beef and the Victoria Sponge was "well 'andsome"! 

Great to see more circular layouts for a change - Banbury, Little Aller Jcn, Oak Road and Boscawen Jcn kept me entertained the most.

Couldn't find much too buy except Kadee couplings but still a very enjoyable day - thanks to the organising committee for putting on a very good show - it was much busier than expected for a Sunday!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My copy of the guide says October.

Geoff Endacott

Geoff, so does mine when I put my brain in gear. Perhaps my subconscious was so keen I was prepared to wait at the door for a month! I have found my glasses and corrected the contribution above.

Thanks

Godfrey

• RMweb Gold

I can confirm it will be October we only have the option to use the school at half term the exact weekend can vary from year to year. We are pleased you enjoyed the show and hope to see you all next year. I was rather busy most of the time but my highlight was being allowed to operate Bridport for a short while.

Don

Club Treasurer.

PS if any of you wish to join the club we mmet on Wednesday evening at Washford

• Like 1

27th & 28th October 2018, saw the Somerset Railway Modeller Club host their 28th Annual RAIL_EX Taunton, Model Railway Exhibition at Taunton School. The Exhibition featured no-less than 27 stunning Layouts in a wide selection of Scales and Sizes, including my 009 Scale WW1 Trench Railway - Amiens 1918. Also on hand was a wide selection of Trade Stands and Demos.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMlZM25txM

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A terrific weekend all round, we had a great time with Bridport Town, my huge thanks to the volunteer operators; Netheravon, Phil C, and Donw (of this forum) and Trevor.T (not of this forum)

A big thankyou must go to all the show's organisers, you did a splendid job altogether, everything seemed to be running very smoothly.

And watching Callum's video has made me realise how much I missed!

All the best, Dave.

Edited by DLT
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Trying out my new Iphone (well its new to me...) at Taunton, here's a couple of photos of Tiverton in EM gauge.

post-5825-0-36992200-1540925583_thumb.jpg

post-5825-0-71761400-1540925593_thumb.jpg

post-5825-0-00546000-1540925605_thumb.jpg

Quite impressed by the results, although they took a bit of fiddling with back on the pc. 

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Another great show at Taunton this last weekend - I went on Sunday.

The set up of the small rooms, in the older building, left something to be desired, with there being too little room around the layouts and stalls - I hate to think what it was like on Saturday!

Anyway, here are a couple of my videos of the event.

My apologies to those whose layouts dont feature - Soar Model Railway Club - you seemed to be having some serious problems and each time I stopped by the layout, little or nothing was moving. Mike and Oak Road - youve featured in 2 show videos this year!! And so has Stapleforth St Stephens. I really must get a second battery for my video camera too :banghead:

Now it's all died down, here is a quick but big, thank you to Steve and the crew for such a great show. So well organised.

We enjoyed it so much. Much to be learnt by some other Exhibition Organising Teams.

Finally, here is a little vid from our layout. (sorry it is so crude)

Carshalton & Sutton MRC.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Now it's all died down, here is a quick but big, thank you to Steve and the crew for such a great show. So well organised.

We enjoyed it so much. Much to be learnt by some other Exhibition Organising Teams.

Finally, here is a little vid from our layout. (sorry it is so crude)

Carshalton & Sutton MRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDRde3WHuLA

Thanks for the video, Villefanche was one of my favourites from the show and also managed to keep my son engrossed long enough to take in the details. I liked the complications of having electric traction but needing a diesel to shunt into non-wired sidings. We were also entertained by the varied procession of quirky DMUs in the upper line!

• RMweb Gold

I should add, the show in general was very good, using the extra space across in the main building was worthwhile. There was a lack of guidebooks though, we arrived at 11.00 Sunday to be told they had run out! Nice to see Bridport Town and Little Aller Junction again, impressed by Dubmill Sidings and Oak Road but there seemed little going on at the big all around layout (is that Doremill?) Or Pottendorf (which I think has been sold recently as it's withdrawn from the Thornecombe show).

Edit: because auto correct thinks it's Little Allergy Junction! :)

Edited by Ramblin Rich
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I should add, the show in general was very good, using the extra space across in the main building was worthwhile. There was a lack of guidebooks though, we arrived at 11.00 Sunday to be told they had run out! Nice to see Bridport Town and Little Aller Junction again, impressed by Dubmill Sidings and Oak Road but there seemed little going on at the big all around layout (is that Doremill?) Or Pottendorf (which I think has been sold recently as it's withdrawn from the Thornecombe show).

Edit: because auto correct thinks it's Little Allergy Junction! :)

I did spot you across the crowd Rich but was busy at the time and didn't see you again. Sorry about the Show guides we had our normal print run but with attendance up it wasn't enough. We will oder more for next year. We have had an apology from the team on the large layout. They had some problems and were unable to provide the usual activity. The owner of Pottendorf is having some health problems and is unable to continue showing the layout  so was considering selling.

Hope to see you at SWAG next year.

Don 

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Don, not complaining by any means, it was a great way to spend the morning and I'm glad the reason for lack of guides was due to increased attendance! I could easily have spent longer but the lad's attention span isn't so good. What I really need is someone to bring him in halfway through the day so I can spend some time looking at the things I want to...

Edited due to auto correct, again

Edited by Ramblin Rich