Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

Some of you – actually, I mean ALL of you – who have reserved, ordered, received, paid, enquired and generally ended up on my database would have received an invoice earlier today. If you have already paid, and you are even in possession of your model, please ignore this.

I was at my website company's office this morning doing a bit of admin and creating the reservation page for the Rustons, and the chaps there told me how to send out invoices instead of waiting for people to pay, or even emailing out payment details, which I've been doing until now. Great, I thought, I'll do that later today.

It seems I didn't take everything in and I've sent an invoice to the whole world, and their relatives. Obviously, if you've already paid, trash it.

I had to go through all the payment systems, notes and delivery sheets to update the system. Please let me know if I have missed you out. I do like fixing things, but not necessarily at 3am...

Cheers and apologies

Steve

Steve

Thanks for the explanation.

I have reserved the Ruston but the ordering options say they are all DCC fitted -is that right or am I reading it wrong. I have assumed DCC Sound fitted or DCC ready. You couldn't surely get one out chip fitted for the price you are charging!

Paul R

Hi Duncan

Top left corner of home page on the Little Loco Company website.

My question is - How will the reservation process deal with livery variations?

Regards.

I tried that last night on my iPad, but it wasn't clickable. Maybe I tried too soon?

I'm still relatively new to retailing O gauge, and I'm really fortunate to be one of the retailers selected to sell this model.

They have sold really well (relatively speaking)  and they have been very well received by my customers.

I've already received my first replenishment order, and look forward to receiving the Rustons  later this year.

If anyone wishes to see or hear one in the flesh, please drop by for a demonstration, we have all three versions in stock with sound chips available if you wish to upgrade.

I'll be bringing some to the East Anglia model railway exhibition at Wood Green animal shelter, Huntingdon on the 11/12th March

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 2

To answer a couple questions on the Rustons, the tooling is ready to enter production, but we're just waiting on the PCB so we can adjust mounting points and the position of the motor, etc. Once we have it, it's all stations go.

As you can obviously see, the Rustons are very small – about the size of one of the bogies on the C15. This brings many problems, both technically and mechanically. For example, how do you fit everything in without intruding into the cab, and also maintain a decent mass? How do you ensure continuous electrical continuity on such a short wheelbase? And many, many more.

To answer some of these questions, all Ruston models will be DCC – with or without sound (all models include a speaker if you want to upgrade later). With a ZIMO decoder, this allows access to a capacitor bank on DC – the only brand of decoder which will allow this. It can also seamlessly switch between DC and DCC track supply. The challenge is to fit all of this technology under the bonnet.

Regarding liveries, at the moment the plan is to supply all models in Ruston green with their respective lining, but should demand dictate, one or two liveries could be added. For example, I have a few requests for a black version of the closed cab variant.

To reserve one of the Rustons there is a tab on the left hand side of the website underneath the logo, or you can go direct to the reservation page here: http://www.littleloco.co.uk/product/ruston-48ds/

Because Little Loco is small, it is also very dynamic, and as production is local, is able to adjust to demand if sufficient demand is there. In all our products we aim to give you, the customer, the very best in terms of quality, value and technology. Being a modeller myself (although a very time-limited one at present) I know what I would want from a model so I have a reasonable idea of what to supply, and I am very prepared to listen if I get it wrong.

And that brings me nicely to an update on some replacement Class 15 decals. Railtec and I have just started talking about this last night so stay tuned. All those who bought direct will be supplied automatically by myself, free of charge. My problem is getting through to those who bought from retailers, so I will either send them to retailers to distribute or ask those customers to contact me directly.

Have a great weekend!

Steve, if I were to order a Class 15 from you in the next week or so would you hold it for me to pick up at the GOG Kettering on Saturday 4th March.

Cheers

Willy

Absolutely, for as long as you need.

• Like 2

Guest Q663368

I tried that last night on my iPad, but it wasn't clickable. Maybe I tried too soon?

Ditto, but the link in post 555 works.

Order placed and confirmation received.

Alan (in Canada)

• Like 1

To answer a couple questions on the Rustons, the tooling is ready to enter production, but we're just waiting on the PCB so we can adjust mounting points and the position of the motor, etc. Once we have it, it's all stations go.

As you can obviously see, the Rustons are very small – about the size of one of the bogies on the C15. This brings many problems, both technically and mechanically. For example, how do you fit everything in without intruding into the cab, and also maintain a decent mass? How do you ensure continuous electrical continuity on such a short wheelbase? And many, many more.

To answer some of these questions, all Ruston models will be DCC – with or without sound (all models include a speaker if you want to upgrade later). With a ZIMO decoder, this allows access to a capacitor bank on DC – the only brand of decoder which will allow this. It can also seamlessly switch between DC and DCC track supply. The challenge is to fit all of this technology under the bonnet.

Regarding liveries, at the moment the plan is to supply all models in Ruston green with their respective lining, but should demand dictate, one or two liveries could be added. For example, I have a few requests for a black version of the closed cab variant.

To reserve one of the Rustons there is a tab on the left hand side of the website underneath the logo, or you can go direct to the reservation page here: http://www.littleloco.co.uk/product/ruston-48ds/

Because Little Loco is small, it is also very dynamic, and as production is local, is able to adjust to demand if sufficient demand is there. In all our products we aim to give you, the customer, the very best in terms of quality, value and technology. Being a modeller myself (although a very time-limited one at present) I know what I would want from a model so I have a reasonable idea of what to supply, and I am very prepared to listen if I get it wrong.

And that brings me nicely to an update on some replacement Class 15 decals. Railtec and I have just started talking about this last night so stay tuned. All those who bought direct will be supplied automatically by myself, free of charge. My problem is getting through to those who bought from retailers, so I will either send them to retailers to distribute or ask those customers to contact me directly.

Have a great weekend!

Absolutely, for as long as you need.

Great news Steve!

The hard decision now is just what cab variety I want to go for...... hmmm decisions, decisions, decisions... 

• RMweb Premium

I am sure the Ruston 48DS will be a popular little loco. Before anyone mentions price, there is an existing 'all complete' kit available [complete with design errors] for £195 or RTR for £395. The ingenuity of design, inclusion of DCC and UK manufacture all add to the value. Look forward to it. 

Dava

I am sure the Ruston 48DS will be a popular little loco. Before anyone mentions price, there is an existing 'all complete' kit available [complete with design errors] for £195 or RTR for £395. The ingenuity of design, inclusion of DCC and UK manufacture all add to the value. Look forward to it. 

Dava

I'll second that....

I have two of the original Impetus kits and one of the Electrifying Trains versions but it won't stop me having one...

The CL15 is a winner, has been out on two show layouts at exhibitions over the last two weekends and caused much comment and praise... Was demonstrated a number of times to admirers, ran very smoothly and notably quiet.

A really superb model. Well done LLC... Can't wait for the 48DS....

Just get that Co-Bo out.....

• Like 1

Question for those who have added the transfers using the sheet provided.  Are these as dire as Steve seems to indicate?  The pink film makes them hard to see so difficult to assess.

John

They are not totally bad or useless - a few people have sent me photos of their models with them applied. Some peel away the pink substrate and use them like normal waterslides. For me personally, they are not what I asked for or paid for and I don't like them, and I don't want to supply something that I would not use or buy myself and expect you to be happy with it. It's best we establish this trust and expectation at the outset rather than you as a customer accept something because it's free in the box, and then still have to buy something else to complete your model.

I wanted the model to be complete and for you to not have to buy anything else at all to own a quality finished model, and in my eyes it's not that, so I'll make it right how I originally intended. If you're happy with what's been supplied you still get a free set of transfers to do with as you please.

It's important to me that you know that I would pay with my own money to buy my products because I don't think there's any better endorsement than that.

Thanks, Steve

• Like 5

They are not totally bad or useless - a few people have sent me photos of their models with them applied. Some peel away the pink substrate and use them like normal waterslides. For me personally, they are not what I asked for or paid for and I don't like them, and I don't want to supply something that I would not use or buy myself and expect you to be happy with it. It's best we establish this trust and expectation at the outset rather than you as a customer accept something because it's free in the box, and then still have to buy something else to complete your model.

I wanted the model to be complete and for you to not have to buy anything else at all to own a quality finished model, and in my eyes it's not that, so I'll make it right how I originally intended. If you're happy with what's been supplied you still get a free set of transfers to do with as you please.

It's important to me that you know that I would pay with my own money to buy my products because I don't think there's any better endorsement than that.

Thanks, Steve

Steve,

That is what I call A1 customer service, perhaps over and above; some others could take your lead.

Thank You very much!

Rgds

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1