Oxford 2018 -2 releases

javlinfaw7

If you are ok with 1:72 there’s the 9-3 and 9-5 from hongwell cararama....

Mind you I always think they looked over scale even for 1:72.

Thanks, Ian,

Have several of those already but the 9-5 is a saloon and I want an Estate, like the 2 I had. I agree they do look a trifle oversized.

A 900 Classic would also be nice in 1/76, the 3 I already have are 1/87. I also have one of these https://www.hml24.com/autos/pkw-qa/brekina-28511-ho-saab-96-gelbgr%C3%BCn-exk.html

steve

• Like 1

I found their Volvo PV544 to be a peculiar choice for a 1:76 model. Never sold in the UK I don’t think. A foreign-registered model as the prototype. Would have suited 1:87 but I think there are rival products already out there in that scale.

• Like 1

I found their Volvo PV544 to be a peculiar choice for a 1:76 model. Never sold in the UK I don’t think. A foreign-registered model as the prototype. Would have suited 1:87 but I think there are rival products already out there in that scale.

One of my neighbours imported one from norway in early 2000's along with a selection of early Beetles and T2 minibuses 

I worked in around the docks at Dover for about 8 years in the mid 1960s - early 1970s period. It was an interesting place to view cars not often seen in the UK. Just wished I had had the foresight to photograph them all. On one occasion I saw three Volvo P544s together in the petrol filling station. Prototype for everything..

Now, maybe I need to badger Oxford for a Hindustan Ambassador like the one I saw by the Connaught Rooms in London a few years back.

dsc00010.jpg

dsc00011.jpg

Edited by mikeharvey22
  • Like 1

Are you sure it’s not a proper Morris upgraded (!) with Hindustan parts? The reg looks genuine...

Actually, Hindustan ambassadors were imported officially by a small enterprise quite recently IIRC

It is shown on the DVLA computer as a 1993 Hindustan saloon. I have travelled in dozens of these. I think it is a Hindustan original.

Edited by mikeharvey22
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I worked in around the docks at Dover for about 8 years in the mid 1960s - early 1970s period. It was an interesting place to view cars not often seen in the UK. Just wished I had had the foresight to photograph them all. On one occasion I saw three Volvo P544s together in the petrol filling station. Prototype for everything..

Now, maybe I need to badger Oxford for a Hindustan Ambassador like the one I saw by the Connaught Rooms in London a few years back.

dsc00010.jpg

dsc00011.jpg

A relatively easy conversion of the Oxford one I should think.

A gentleman in my village had one , presumably from new but possibly privately-imported, around 1963. It was RHD (before Sweden's switch to LHD), and was a sandy buff-beige colour. He kept it for a good number of years, replacing it with a P1800 coupe in the early 1970s. I am pleased that Oxford chose to do this in 1/76, but wish that they had done their American cars in 1/76 as well. Understandably they were after the American market, so 1/87 does make more sense, although America historically labelled most model cars around 3" long as "HO", and larger ones as "O" gauge!

• Like 1

Thanks, Ian,

Have several of those already but the 9-5 is a saloon and I want an Estate, like the 2 I had. I agree they do look a trifle oversized.

A 900 Classic would also be nice in 1/76, the 3 I already have are 1/87. I also have one of these https://www.hml24.com/autos/pkw-qa/brekina-28511-ho-saab-96-gelbgr%C3%BCn-exk.html

steve

https://www.a2models.nl/index.php?item=&action=page&group_id=10000030&lang=nl

Saabs in laser scanned pre-coloured 3D print!!

Edited by ianmacc