RMweb

Pylons .

29 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

The bottom one as that’s the only L6, those 2 terminal towers were added much later and are of L12 variant. I guess that’s Heysham?

best regards, Matthew 

Indeed it is Heynsham! 

Wow I never knew that that tower was L12, I've always seen it with BICC L6 lines. Finding out new things every day!!

Kind regards, Felix

Just read over on the FB PAS group that the first L13s have or are being erected near to Quainton on the line from Cowley to Claydon so that's Oxford to East Clayden due to HS2 works.

I saw those two new towers from the sole daily train to and from Heysham Port about 2 years ago it seems to be a new substation that one of the circuits feeds into just after leaving the main Heysham L6 substation - I presume it is a feed point for something maybe offshore wind farms?? So they are L12s then I did wonder.

Cheers Paul

• Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, Pylon King said:

61CB5FB9-62E1-4C5F-A2B5-8E0E5C30ACD1.jpeg.4db16baefc7fa5c61f9857cddd11c11c.jpeg

Absolutely fantastic!!! Thank you so much!!

If you have any more to send I'd be very grateful as i'm trying to get a collection of L6 technical sheets to help me create some wall posters.

I also have a project to create a historical montage of L6 and L9 technical diagrams (including D, D10/30..... etc) , so any help with resources would be greatly appreciated, as I can't seem to find any.

Kind regards, Felix

Edited by L2's are great!

10 hours ago, pharrc20 said:

Just read over on the FB PAS group that the first L13s have or are being erected near to Quainton on the line from Cowley to Claydon so that's Oxford to East Clayden due to HS2 works.

I saw those two new towers from the sole daily train to and from Heysham Port about 2 years ago it seems to be a new substation that one of the circuits feeds into just after leaving the main Heysham L6 substation - I presume it is a feed point for something maybe offshore wind farms?? So they are L12s then I did wonder.

Cheers Paul

Oh wow, finally the L13s make an appearance. How many are being put up? The new substation at Heysham feeds a new offshore wind farm somewhere. There was originally a D60 there which had quite a height extension. I’m very happy to hear about the new L13s.

best regards, Matthew 

1 hour ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Is the L6M D tower the same as the BICC L6 tower? I just can’t see any differences, also is there and L6M D90 or would they have used an L8/L12 D90?

best regards, Matthew 

I believe it is yes! I think they might have used an L12 D90. Hope this helps

Kind regards, Felix

• Thanks 1

I just had a look at where these will L13s go. It’s on a Balfour Beatty L6 line. As you can tell I’m quite excited by this and being as it’s parents are the JL EVE L6 they will not look too odd (unlike putting L12s on a quad conductor line and switching them to double and then back to quad).

best regards, Matthew 

2 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

I just had a look at where these will L13s go. It’s on a Balfour Beatty L6 line. As you can tell I’m quite excited by this and being as it’s parents are the JL EVE L6 they will not look too odd (unlike putting L12s on a quad conductor line and switching them to double and then back to quad).

best regards, Matthew 

That will be very interesting to see what they look like in real size compared with normal L6's. Do you happen to have any technical sheets for the JL EVE L6 towers?, whilst on the subject of them.

Kind regards, Felix

6 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Oh wow, finally the L13s make an appearance. How many are being put up? The new substation at Heysham feeds a new offshore wind farm somewhere. There was originally a D60 there which had quite a height extension. I’m very happy to hear about the new L13s.

best regards, Matthew 

No idea as to how many towers sorry but if I read anymore will let you know.

Cheers Paul

• Thanks 1