Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pylons .

22 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

No that’s not. That’s the line from Crawley substation. It has a hybrid PL7 DDT tower and one part of the line is sadly not used anymore (the first photo). The other continues as L3, then switches to PL7 just before the A23 and continues to Bolney substation.

hope this helps,

Matthew 

Crawley substation .A3E5D4E5-32DB-4C7B-8D6F-D54E16B0BDF7.jpeg.df4208806936348c0a839dcef91f54a5.jpeg00211A4F-B444-4018-B145-27B8F068E046.jpeg.baa091b15dc285a694ba72e41ce88675.jpeg61633A9F-8A69-47FA-BD7B-3229A54A7A7F.jpeg.be5ea5742f2f1b49ef0a90c182281037.jpeg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Yep mustn’t forget tilbury. Got some L6s too!

best regards, Matthew 

Two L6 BB DT's, one D and one D30 I believe right by the other end

and also a DJT tower and some SF90's I think

Kind regards, Felix

Edited by L2's are great!

7 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

Two L6 BB DT's, one D and one D30 I believe right by the other end

and also a DJT tower and some SF90's I think

Kind regards, Felix

Just had another look, the DT at the main substation for the L6s is actually an L12 DT, the L6 D30 ran to the L6 DJT but was then diverted to the new L12

2 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Just had another look, the DT at the main substation for the L6s is actually an L12 DT, the L6 D30 ran to the L6 DJT but was then diverted to the new L12

Oh I can see that now! At a glance it looked like an L6 DT. I didn't know the D30 used to connect to the DJT, I thought that was just for the low height towers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Just thought I’d add something else. Here’s a painting my uncle did for me a few years back. It’s based off a PL1.

D660AD1A-67AA-40E0-9DF5-98851B3DB5EF.jpeg

Oh wow! That's a fantastic piece of work! 

Not going to lie, I thought that was a real PL1 for a second

Kind regards, Felix

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, L2's are great! said:

They are very similar, however the D30 has slider longer crossarm dimesions than the D10. 

I don't think so, I think it is more of an optical illusion. As the crossarms on the D60 and 90 are different lengths either side but the D30 ones aren't. It uses the same design as the D10 (this is also common on the L6 D10/30s) and the crossarms look different because of the position of the insulators. The inner ones have the arm fully visible whereas the outer ones don't, as the insulators get in the way. I might be completely wrong but that's what I have seen.

best regards, Matthew

6 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

I don't think so, I think it is more of an optical illusion. As the crossarms on the D60 and 90 are different lengths either side but the D30 ones aren't. It uses the same design as the D10 (this is also common on the L6 D10/30s) and the crossarms look different because of the position of the insulators. The inner ones have the arm fully visible whereas the outer ones don't, as the insulators get in the way. I might be completely wrong but that's what I have seen.

best regards, Matthew

Oh! I was just reading the crossarm length values of the D10 and D30 and they were slightly different, unless those values don't mean anything then you are probably right! It does look like an optical illusion as i've noticed a slight difference but never fathomed it out.

But I would of never though the position of the insulators affected the way the tower looked but I see what you mean

Kind regards, Felix

14 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

You can make a better comparison here!

IMG_4699.JPG

IMG_4714.JPG

Yeah they look the same, to be fair it would be pretty pointless to make a new tower for such a light angle when they can just use the D30 (ignore the L12s they do their own thing) but at first glance they do look different and can see where you are coming from.

Best regards, Matthew

9 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Yeah they look the same, to be fair it would be pretty pointless to make a new tower for such a light angle when they can just use the D30 (ignore the L12s they do their own thing) but at first glance they do look different and can see where you are coming from.

Best regards, Matthew

Its strange, because when you look at the L3 D10 and D30 there is a much clearer difference