Very useful non-scratch clamps

Who wouldn't like a non-slip spring clamp that presses over a large or small area, can be combined with others to make longer multi-jawed adjustable length clamps, and costs nothing except a friendly word to those nice ladies in Marks and Sparks?

Next time the management buys a new skirt, trousers etc and the assistant says 'Would you like the hanger?' be sure to get her to say 'Yes'.

Then say 'Have you got any spare ones, please?' and after a little butchery with a razor saw or mini hacksaw you have the gadgets below, perfick for holding things until they dry, or for holding smaller items upside down to be painted without any danger of scratching fresh paint or varnish.

Doug

post-106-127135126014_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic Doug, SWMBO has loads in her warderobe but what excuse do i use if she catches me rumaging through her clothes unsure.gif .

Tom

"I was thinking, you really could do with some new clothes, dear";)

Just had a word with the wife as noticed she had a pair of trousers hanging from one of these hangers, I am now in possesion of ten of um, Just got to trim them up into usuable pieces.

Execllent tip.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I now have a box full of these clamps.  With both a 4 and 1 year old I have found that a lot of kids clothing come with these type of hangers.  

There are a variety of jaw types too, which can be useful dependant on the job in hand.

The traditional wooden clothes peg is great too and with a bit of modification very good at clamping in hard to reach/narrow places http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/15341-helping-hands-any-good/?p=150198

Having recently started to build some Metcalfe and Superquick card kits for my 4 year old's layout, a 3rd, 4th and 5th pair of fingers have come in very useful when needing to let glued bits dry.

• 4 weeks later...

I find Lakeland Soft Grip and Duvet pegs are also very good:

2014_01_02_1625.JPG

However thanks for this tip. The Duvet pegs have a solid clamp face (unlike the Soft Grip which have a rubber pad) so the hangers look goor.

I also use the hangers for keeping cookery books open!

Archived