Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Mark, This is the 56 I bought at the Manchester Show in the Bus Depot when I met you, it has a SWD Sound.

UDSCF3638.JPG.6d7eb4eba85c01948cc8e91af490c670.JPG

Something looks wrong with that 56. Has it collided with something head on? It's just that the front around the centre headlight area looks like it's been pushed in somehow.

2 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Something looks wrong with that 56. Has it collided with something head on? It's just that the front around the centre headlight area looks like it's been pushed in somehow.

Not quite sure what you mean, here it is compared to a Hornby OO one.

Bear in mind the O Gauge is a cheap Kit so may not be 100% right.

UDSCF3639.JPG.6fcf885cfb0df8eedc34e05e9c3ac52a.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG.c27e4c84379c5bca3d39858b5b57ebb1.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, gismorail said:

Some good photo's Andy though I'm worried about 'Lazy Joe' .......he's lean't on that oil drum some much it's started to lean in ' sympathy' :dirol_mini:

1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

I tried to add a similar comment an hour or two ago but it would not let me type ... wondering how long it will be before the (empty?) barrel tips over!

Fear not young men, he is still standing.

DSCF4416.JPG.6f4f21b416232a716b82a956ac95b6da.JPG

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Class 08, 08173 brings the  empty Oil Tank back out from the MOD Branch for onward shipment and re filling at Esso Fawley, near Southampton, it will join other Tanks in the Top Yard.

For which you need a nice new blue 33...

Have you repainted the con rods on that 08 or were they yellow to start? I picked up a green with wasp stripes at a good price intending to repaint but am stalling. The body should be easy bit I'm not convinced covering red with yellow on moving parts will be.

Edited by Hal Nail

3 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Have you repainted the con rods on that 08 or were they yellow to start? I picked up a green with wasp stripes at a good price intending to repaint but am stalling. The body should be easy bit I'm not convinced covering red with yellow on moving parts will be.

I do have a Lima 33 witch I've already fitted a SWD Sound Chip to, I have all the rest of the detailing bits to fit like full Cab interior, Flush Glazing, New Bogie Sides and Oleo Buffers and detailing, but it's already gone Souf I think.

The Rods were always Yellow, all I've done is weather it a bit.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I do have a Lima 33 witch I've already fitted a SWD Sound Chip to, I have all the rest of the detailing bits to fit like full Cab interior, Flush Glazing, New Bogie Sides and Oleo Buffers and detailing, but it's already gone Souf I think.

The Rods were always Yellow, all I've done is weather it a bit.

FOUND my Blue 33 that I thought was down Souf, so might do some work on that next week.:good:

• Like 2

Today saw the start of the up grading of my Lima 33, to make it half decent and part of the Fleet.

Some of you may remember that last summer I completed Phase 1, that involved the fitting of SWD Sound, (because I had taken one out of an OO Gauge Heljan 33), and the fitting of a decent Bass Reflex Speaker.

Here is the original model and a couple of pics from Phase 1. AND YES I know it's not the best Model dimension wise, but it was cheap.

IMG_5143.JPG.0bf64f1e3f9e59559efd368dd2be25dc.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG.66d2045ad4857722c525357abe92c2b7.JPG

IMG_5147.JPG.c2615adc81eb5e993fd5a5ded2dddf9c.JPG

• Like 6