Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

7 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy

have you thought about installing smoke in your diesels. The start up sequence on that 56 in your latest video is epic but there’s no clag! 

That at said I haven’t seen a fully effective diesel smoke unit 

Paul R

I looked at a 9F at Telford, and have seen many Diesels, but ''A'' none seem effective or black enough, and ''B'' they leave an oily residue on the Loco and Track, again witnessed on the 9F at Telford that looked like someone had emptied a Gallon of Castrol R over the dammed thing.

So in a word, NO mate, not for me I'm afraid.

I also had the very first Hornby Schools Class, Stowe, that was smoke fitted, and that was in a Loft Layout, not only was the Loco and Track covered in oil, but the good Lady could smell it down stairs., haha.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I looked at a 9F at Telford, and have seen many Diesels, but ''A'' none seem effective or black enough, and ''B'' they leave an oily residue on the Loco and Track, again witnessed on the 9F at Telford that looked like someone had emptied a Gallon of Castrol R over the dammed thing.

So in a word, NO mate, not for me I'm afraid.

I also had the very first Hornby Schools Class, Stowe, that was smoke fitted, and that was in a Loft Layout, not only was the Loco and Track covered in oil, but the good Lady could smell it down stairs., haha.

I had one of them too! I recall Hornby bought out a 4-4-0 for each of the big 4 in that year and the schools was one of them. Airfix/GMR had one planned as part of their range and some Bulleid coaches to match. The latter eventually found their way to Bachmann. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, pwr said:

I had one of them too! I recall Hornby bought out a 4-4-0 for each of the big 4 in that year and the schools was one of them. Airfix/GMR had one planned as part of their range and some Bulleid coaches to match. The latter eventually found their way to Bachmann. 

Yes and if I remember rightly none of them could pull the skin off a Rice Pudding, but the Schools did look nice, I had several including one with a Plate, and Cheltenham Models Ltd Edition in Black.

12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yes and if I remember rightly none of them could pull the skin off a Rice Pudding, but the Schools did look nice, I had several including one with a Plate, and Cheltenham Models Ltd Edition in Black.

My 7mm Claude is the same! Needs more weight but the only space to put any is over the bogie which won’t help!

• Agree 1

I've been to the Great Central Diesel Gala today, and although the Green 20 was running, I didn't get any pic's of it, but I'm sure it will be on the Video, which will be on here tomorrow.

In the meantime, I did ride behind this little beauty;:good:

UIMG_9417.JPG.332c7ac8605e1ca432b56e488978ddc5.JPG

• Like 8

Some wonderful pictures and video's Andy thanks for sharing :dancing:It keeps going through my mind about your move 'down south' and the more I see how brilliant your weathering is on Seven Mills Sidings locomotive fleet the more I realise that whatever your 'new' TOPS is going to be you cannot possibly part with these models after all your hard and skill full work. Think long and hard about it my friend as I feel you would regret any sale of these machines even it means that they get 'stuffed' into a display case in your new home :warning:

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gismorail said:

Some wonderful pictures and video's Andy thanks for sharing :dancing:It keeps going through my mind about your move 'down south' and the more I see how brilliant your weathering is on Seven Mills Sidings locomotive fleet the more I realise that whatever your 'new' TOPS is going to be you cannot possibly part with these models after all your hard and skill full work. Think long and hard about it my friend as I feel you would regret any sale of these machines even it means that they get 'stuffed' into a display case in your new home :warning:

Tanks Martin, they would NOT be aloud indoors, and so may end up around at my Step Sons in the back of his Garage and permanently out of use.

I won't know until we get this place on the market and find a Dog kennel down south.

• Friendly/supportive 4

Another pic from yesterday, another of my favourites that I rode behind for the first time yesterday, and I never realised they were so powerful. I had many in German Liveries when I was modelling in German HO many years ago, but this example was superb.

D821 Greyhound.

UIMG_9414.JPG.e6571765f3c62761eae80c975383f027.JPG

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Another pic from yesterday, another of my favourites that I rode behind for the first time yesterday, and I never realised they were so powerful. I had many in German Liveries when I was modelling in German HO many years ago, but this example was superb.

D821 Greyhound.

Andy,

I too have happy memories of the Warships with their high-revving engines in the West Country from 1969 to 1972. Whilst it was nice to see the Class 50s with warship names, they never had quite the same appeal as the originals. That said, these days I am happy just to see a loco, any loco, heading a train.

Chris

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, 81A Oldoak said:

Andy,

I too have happy memories of the Warships with their high-revving engines in the West Country from 1969 to 1972. Whilst it was nice to see the Class 50s with warship names, they never had quite the same appeal as the originals. That said, these days I am happy just to see a loco, any loco, heading a train.

Chris

Hi Chris, Yes I have to admit to once having been a big fan of the 50's, but I got educated a few years ago by a mate of mine up here with his passion of Warships and Westerns, and so had a few on my Kings Moreton Layout.

It did sound nice, and as you will see in the Video that's coming soon, I had some really good footage yesterday.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

One very tatty 33 running at the weekend, but it did sound good, I really REALLY must make a start on my Lima O Gauge one. It's sound fitted but I have to fit the Cabs, Glazing, Bogie Side Frames and the Oleo Buffers and pipes etc.

IMG_9378.JPG.cdd53ec619a5ac84101d4ca78c00ea2f.JPG

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

D821 Greyhound.

Nice photo Andy, I think it's appearing at the Epping and Ongar Railway diesel gala this weekend, looking forward to that. 

Steve.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

One very tatty 33 running at the weekend, but it did sound good, I really REALLY must make a start on my Lima O Gauge one. It's sound fitted but I have to fit the Cabs, Glazing, Bogie Side Frames and the Oleo Buffers and pipes etc.

IMG_9378.JPG.cdd53ec619a5ac84101d4ca78c00ea2f.JPG

For a Southern Bo-Bo that looks quite smart.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2