RMweb

Burning question of the day?

great central

How come Heinz say they have 57 varieties yet if anyone  counts them there are more?

The largest number that a typical member of the  target market could count up to when the slogan was invented.

Why are canines named as 'man's best friend' when all the visible evidence suggests that actually it is usually a woman?

• RMweb Premium

Why are canines named as 'man's best friend' when all the visible evidence suggests that actually it is usually a woman?

Leave the women and the dog in a car for an hour and see which one is happiest to see you. Note that I would never leave my dog in a car on it's own.

My dog wakes me up at 7 o'clock (give or take 5 minutes) every morning, how does she know what the time is?   

Al

How come we still have a very naughty swear word hidden in plain sight? (Scunthorpe, Country, etc...)

A Sol,A sol, A soldier I shall be

Two pist, two pist, two pistols at my knee

For Cu, For Cu, For curiosity

To fight for the queen's count, fight for the queen's count, fight for the queen's country

• Like 1

If you collected enough belly-button fluff,  could you make a cowboy hat?

how long would you be collecting ?

Yes.

Depends on the size of hat and personal details such as how fluffy is your preferred clothing, depth of receptacle (outies need not apply) and just how aggressive your personal hairy entrapment mechanism might be. (I should add at this point that in my distant youth I had a nurse as a girlfriend, and her story about impacted bellybutton fluff and the consequences arising confirmed that my decision that the medical sphere was not for me was a good one.)

Are you allowed two questions in one post?

How come we still have a very naughty swear word hidden in plain sight? (Scunthorpe, Country, etc...)

It's a great shame that on the journey from Anglo-Saxon to modern English we didn't get the entirely possible compound place name of Quimhampton. The residents of which, long nicknamed 'hermaphrodites', have recently taken to the altogether more contemporary, cooler and snappier 'bi'.

Is this thread evolving into an extremely free form game?

We had an engineer called Steve Pratt. He went to work at a well known helicopter engine factory in the states. We were the company who put the Pratt in Pratt and Witney.

• Like 2

We had an engineer called Steve Pratt. He went to work at a well known helicopter engine factory in the states. We were the company who put the Pratt in Pratt and Witney.