Came across this - may be useful for animation or motor drive

shortliner

https://www.banggood.com/Machifit-GM12YN20-3DP-DC12V-11RPM-Right-Angle-Output-Metal-Gearbox-Micro-Gear-Motor-for-3D-Pen-p-1341682.html?version=1&currency=USD&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc_ods&utm_content=east&utm_ho=25&utm_campaign=tis-dpat-sm-vc14-eu-atp&cur_warehouse=CN

See also additional items on left hand side of page

If price is in US$, hover your cursor over the "US$" and it will give you a choice of other currencies

Edited by shortliner
  • Thanks 1

If you follow the ‘...people also bought...’ feeds down the page for that motor and then cascade through those several subsequent pages, many motors pop up that may be suitable given most of them would require a step down adaptor on the motor shaft.

Unfortunately no datasheets are forthcoming to give dimensions, etc.

Rob

Edited by RAFHAAA96

It would make a great loco drive system for the ultra slow running some people like, 11 RPM. You could drink a cup of tea while waiting for the loco to push a wagon into an inglenook siding.  An N 20 is too small for a turntable, I bought a N20 and it was much smaller than I expected

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello Folks, another question about these little motors/ gearboxes. 

I notice one of these N20 motors has a 'handed' side, with a D shaft fitted. I wonder, therefore, if anyone has removed the D shaft, and replaced said shaft with a Romford axle? 

Opinions and observations are, as usual, gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ian.

PS. I might have asked this before, so apologies if I'm going mad..... 

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:02, billbedford said:

But that's not a gear on the output shaft that will engage with anything useful. This looks like a mechanism for feeding a strip between the cog and the ball race. Maybe from a cheap 3D printer?

The final gear wheel could be removed easily. I can see multiple ways this could be used, for example secondary animation on a model such as boats on a river etc etc