Hither Green TMD project Chunnel and Workbench

47606odin

Stick in there Ian it sounds like you will soon have them.

If they have released them I take it you haven't had to pay any extra monies out for that?

Looking forward to seeing the 2 touring locos at your HG TMD. :D :dance_mini::sungum:

Best

• Like 1

Well another delivery deadline promised to Hattons from DPD .....missed again.

never use DPD for shipping

I am no longer expecting the locos to arrive in one piece after rattling around in the postal system for over 5 weeks 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

no consolation to you, but DPD are one of the best in the UK in my opinion. On time, we get a text message with a one hour slot, and my deliveries are generally bang in the middle of the slot, and always (touch wood) have been well cared for.

Sorry to hear that things haven’t worked out well so far, let’s hope your Cromptons arrive shortly and you can get back to enjoying them! Love what your doing with the layout.

Rich

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Ian,

no consolation to you, but DPD are one of the best in the UK in my opinion. On time, we get a text message with a one hour slot, and my deliveries are generally bang in the middle of the slot, and always (touch wood) have been well cared for.

Sorry to hear that things haven’t worked out well so far, let’s hope your Cromptons arrive shortly and you can get back to enjoying them! Love what your doing with the layout.

Rich

Thanks Rich.

Glad you have never had an issue with DPD. Unfortunately, this whole saga has sapped my mojo. If they arrive undamaged after all this time, I’ll be able to draw a line under the whole saga, and will get on with building the shed, until then, I am lacking in the enthusiasm 

• Friendly/supportive 3

Crompton fest on HG. 
The two that arrived today with 3 weeks of delay and chasing through the postage system, have broken handrails, so sad, but also relieved that they have arrived. Now we will see what Hattons can do 

2BC973E1-53ED-4A62-8981-2A6D02DCD498.jpeg.fcdf579152bf2c168cebb9549f550562.jpegC4ED8D69-5D29-430E-874B-B98CA85D2DF1.jpeg.3f7bc61c93578b5f0b61a5942e1e2842.jpeg36FD15FC-2E7C-4D48-B89B-BA36D81677AA.jpeg.dbce7858f62ab46ada9627bc1548e885.jpeg669A85A2-9340-4978-BE89-F4C9DE5D436C.jpeg.16037bf246fa1b9425a4a70b257e8376.jpegA2C4E1AC-A734-4852-868F-473BD1BD76B7.jpeg.f93e269caaea1f167e414de4944842cc.jpeg026D2737-01D8-4E3B-9D3A-D23E1F0F4031.jpeg.a95c9aa2844cb36224c9a0488d9ef99e.jpeg556917D4-AC01-4E86-8B23-8C45B667C66C.jpeg.688d6cc009c240649bee0726d901c5e0.jpegD4EA603D-DD50-40FC-A5CB-90EBD70CE24A.jpeg.5f6c0776c0f5f811f76b91a03785fa0f.jpegA018E33D-5607-41FD-B7FD-BA07F6E5E987.jpeg.860790385a67bc28d5c498af96ac14e7.jpeg5D320F01-F932-4627-AFE6-B589F2DC5C71.jpeg.a169f6bfe9eca45e6724756c711f3096.jpegD8B0C470-2E41-4EDA-9078-942E1297112A.jpeg.86e790af1222effbc1002fd6c3556338.jpeg5328126C-3634-4F85-BC54-3D23DD90DF40.jpeg.bb4bc2ca7830e05671caeb34e66bc7f1.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

7 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Ian,

Rich

As Rich said, DPD are very good over here, we have Dangerous Dave as our Local Driver, and he is always careful, courteous, and on time.

Better luck with your next order from whoever you decide to use.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

As Rich said, DPD are very good over here, we have Dangerous Dave as our Local Driver, and he is always careful, courteous, and on time.

Better luck with your next order from whoever you decide to use.

We shall see who I use here on in, depending on whether Hattons redeem the situation with the hand rails or not

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Crompton fest on HG. 
The two that arrived today with 3 weeks of delay and chasing through the postage system, have broken handrails, so sad, but also relieved that they have arrived. Now we will see what Hattons can do 

Glad to hear they have arrived.  Given the problems you've had, is it worth just replacing the handrails yourself? I know we shouldn't have to deal with such things, but given the distance, the time in postage and the problems, that may be the best option.

15 hours ago, 47606odin said:

Glad you have never had an issue with DPD. Unfortunately, this whole saga has sapped my mojo. If they arrive undamaged after all this time, I’ll be able to draw a line under the whole saga, and will get on with building the shed, until then, I am lacking in the enthusiasm 

I can't totally understand that. I had a similar issue when my first Class 45 arrived from Heljan, with the bogies all smashed, due to the fact that it had been 'welded' to the original mdf style shipping board.  Quickly sorted, and a replacement obtained.  But it did dent my enthusiasm at the time.  May I suggest, an hour of peace and quiet on your own, drop onto Flickr, type in 'Class 33s', go onto the advanced options and set to any photographs before 1990, and drift back to a better time.  Does my mojo a world of good :) ... except I then go the opposite way and get my head filled with a whole range of things I could be doing!!

Hope it returns soon.

Rich

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Ian,

Rich

Totally agree, DPD are my customer courier of choice - its just to much hassle and stress shipping outside the UK for me.

• RMweb Premium

Cant remember if we discussed this when you did up your first one but there are replacement options.

Once they get up and running, I would expect Guagemaster who are taking on the Heljan spares service, will do handrails - you could get them from the original batch. I'd register an order early on case lots need them for the orignals as well as new locos. In fact come to think of it....!

An alternative is MM1 who I know supply the old JLTRT brass ones, as I bought some. The latter are stronger but look fiddly to straighten and clean up so I never actually fitted mine.

Appreciate you shouldnt have to sort this but at least there are options.

Edited by Hal Nail

12 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Cant remember if we discussed this when you did up your first one but there are replacement options.

Once they get up and running, I would expect Guagemaster who are taking on the Heljan spares service, l will do handrails - you could get them from the original batch. Id register early on case lots need then, for the orignal as well as new locos. In fact come to think of it....!

An alternative is MM1 who supply the old JLTRT brass ones l, as I bought some. The latter are stronger but look fiddly to straighten and clean up so I never actually fitted mine.

Appreciate you shouldnt have to sort this but at least there are options.

yes, I am aware of the Heljan spares, I did buy some to replace ones that got broken on 050 when I dismantled it.

the issue now is, I know it’s only a couple of quid to buy replacements, and I would not hesitate to buy them if I broke them, but I expect the model to arrive undamaged, and any damage in transit should be rectified. The damage may well have occurred in the additional 3 weeks where they were floating around in the postal system being kicked about, so had they arrived on time they may have been fine

Edited by 47606odin
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

yes, I am aware of the Heljan spares, I did buy some to replace ones that got broken on 050 when I dismantled it.

the issue now is, I know it’s only a couple of quid to buy replacements, and I would not hesitate to buy them if I broke them, but I expect the model to arrive undamaged, and any damage in transit should be rectified. The damage may well have occurred in the additional 3 weeks where they were floating around in the postal system being kicked about

Totally agree - I'd be the same.

Still good thing is they are there and cant help liking the odd one out - the weathered one! Are you going to do them all about the same or a range of grubbiness?

19 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Totally agree - I'd be the same.

Still good thing is they are there and cant help liking the odd one out - the weathered one! Are you going to do them all about the same or a range of grubbiness?

they should be similar, although the No1 end was a bit battered on 053, which will be one, and 064 the other

153B3C79-3424-4C05-86D4-3F9B9ED2AC43.png.7f44c6a3a99c4bdd21ba526071216b46.png

• Like 5

Hi Ian, Sorry to hear about your Crompton dramas but they do look very at home on the layout. Hope you get the handrails sorted. 

Quick question. Did you make your own point levers or buy them ? I need some for my layout.

Cheers Peter.

32 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Ian, Sorry to hear about your Crompton dramas but they do look very at home on the layout. Hope you get the handrails sorted. 

Quick question. Did you make your own point levers or buy them ? I need some for my layout.

Cheers Peter.

just a couple of bits of styrene 

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, 47606odin said:

And so it begins, winding back the years...

33053 has its roof radio pods removed and molding dimples filled. Headlight removal next, then try to rectify the livery issues

47FA7660-7B1F-4C73-B8F2-2CC81AB70F93.jpeg.bade7638a56aafe772644296d6983e8b.jpeg

Cant help be amused after Heljan went to all the trouble to update it!

Mind you having done the original silencer arrangement I've been thinking about repainting mine blue recently!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

Here’s a question for those of you that build buildings 

As I am about to start on the construction of the large shed accommodation block...what material is good and sturdy, easy to cut and gives nice clean corners? I considered 3mm MDF but it goes fluffy when sanded

suggestions please