Shunting and Inglenook-ish layout - headhunt on or off scene?

• RMweb Gold

Tinner's Forge has the headshunt half on and half off scene.

When exhibiting, parents have said to the youngsters about the train disappearing into the tunnel, even though it doesn't quite.

I agree about the points above re placement of uncouplers - I can only use short length wagons or else they don't fit.

• RMweb Gold

Inspired by a mix of things, including GMRC, I have been dabbling with an Inglenook+ idea today (private sidings plus BR exchange spur line). Can be a quick start one as I have a spare base available from a "paused" project and a lot of spare Settrack and recycled Streamline that otherwise would not get used.  The head-shunt partly running  off into the stage left wings to also give a small fiddle yard area makes sense to me. 

I've got all I need to start - Umm - three day build for a bare boards/public interaction shunting plank on the stand at Warley?????

Inspired by a mix of things, including GMRC, I have been dabbling with an Inglenook+ idea today (private sidings plus BR exchange spur line). Can be a quick start one as I have a spare base available from a "paused" project and a lot of spare Settrack and recycled Streamline that otherwise would not get used.  The head-shunt partly running  off into the stage left wings to also give a small fiddle yard area makes sense to me. 

I've got all I need to start - Umm - three day build for a bare boards/public interaction shunting plank on the stand at Warley?????

What will you do with the other two days?  :scratchhead:

P.S. I think public interaction shunting layouts are a great idea so best of luck with this one. I can't think of many things more likely to enthuse the "I'm thinking of building a layout but don't know where to start" types than actually getting to shunt a  yard.

Edited by Pacific231G
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Once someone produces a r-t-r 16xx Pannier tank, you'll have no excuses.

Brian R

I would like a rake of Lieners tank wagons to accompany the 16xx, or an 08 shunter , which tripped the yard every day.

Still trying to get more photos though. The Wiggins Teape building was huge, but before my time. I did wonder if there was a connection between Berry Wiggins, and Wiggins Teape proper.

Ian.