Best rolling road

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have the Bachrus but wish I didn't

I'd happily take them off your hands, if they are Series 50 ones.

Personally, I find the Bachrus Series 50 ones superb, as they cover gauges N to O (via TT, OO, EM, P4, S) with just the one set. Being a multi-gauge modeller, the easy gauge adjustment is an absolute boon.

• RMweb Premium

I'd happily take them off your hands, if they are Series 50 ones.

Personally, I find the Bachrus Series 50 ones superb, as they cover gauges N to O (via TT, OO, EM, P4, S) with just the one set. Being a multi-gauge modeller, the easy gauge adjustment is an absolute boon.

I have found the Bachrus RR components to be excellent in engineering quality and the multi gauge version very handy, the only,issue as I have pointed out before is on some track the roads do not sit far enough down on the rail head to make electrical contact, this is due to the inside chairs on the track used. Not all types of track is effected though.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the heads up, it does look like the TC version which I believe is the original Bachmann E-Z roller, not the same now though, and at that price a bit of a bargain.......snapped one up so now I can keep my Bachrus for 7mm.

Edited by boxbrownie

I have 2 rolling roads here, the Hornby one and the ten commandments one.The Hornby one oob is great for everything except double bogie drive loco's although I have added more rollers. The Ten commandments one is better but it seems to take more power from the controller to get things moving and certain loco's will leap off the rollers when you start them off.

Pete

• RMweb Premium

I have 2 rolling roads here, the Hornby one and the ten commandments one.The Hornby one oob is great for everything except double bogie drive loco's although I have added more rollers. The Ten commandments one is better but it seems to take more power from the controller to get things moving and certain loco's will leap off the rollers when you start them off.

Pete

Assume the TC road has no bearings on the rollers, sounds like the rollers are jamming, maybe need some oil?

• Like 1

Well, I finally purchased a KPF-Zeller from a very hospitable gentleman at Warley this year. At 80cm in length I cannot imagine needing one any longer for 00 scale and it came with no less than 10 dollies and all for £65.00, which I have to say after viewing similar items at virtually double the price (and from what I could tell no better build quality), I simply could not resist.  And, so far, very happy I am too...

post-5822-0-67345000-1546040051_thumb.jpg

As far as I can tell it is this product here... https://kpf-zeller.de/product_info.php?info=p4_rollenpruefstand-spur-h0-maxi--800-mm-und-10-laufkatzen.html

cheers

Al

Edited by YesTor

• RMweb Premium

Well, I finally purchased a KPF-Zeller from a very hospitable gentleman at Warley this year. At 80cm in length I cannot imagine needing one any longer for 00 scale and it came with no less than 10 dollies and all for £65.00, which I have to say after viewing similar items at virtually double the price (and from what I could tell no better build quality), I simply could not resist.  And, so far, very happy I am too...

attachicon.gifKPF-Zeller rolling road.JPG

As far as I can tell it is this product here... https://kpf-zeller.de/product_info.php?info=p4_rollenpruefstand-spur-h0-maxi--800-mm-und-10-laufkatzen.html

cheers

Al

Which I believe was probably originally the Marion-Zeller.

She now markets hers as the Mazero:

https://www.marion-zeller.de/

Keith

I've got a Bachrus set for 00 and have no problem with them.

(No longer in production)

Edited by melmerby

Which I believe was probably originally the Marion-Zeller.

She now markets hers as the Mazero:

https://www.marion-zeller.de/

Keith

I've got a Bachrus set for 00 and have no problem with them.

(No longer in production)

The two zeller companies are not related. There are some facts I'm aware of but can't post in open forum.

One device that they both do is a speed measurement that fits on the rolling road, I wouldn't bother with it as the rollers stick and you get unreliable results. I got this for use with Traincontroller but got very bad results with it.

Another item that kpf zellor does( the one that attended Warley) is a track cleaning wagon these are quite good, although you have to get a body for them and I would get replacement felt pads from tesco as they do something very similar to his felt pads and are much cheaper than buying his ones. In fact his ones are from Aldi in Germany but only from southern German Aldi.