RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Premium

Nicely Out Of Tune - Lindisfarne

Fog On The Tyne - Lindisfarne

Dingly Dell - Lindisfarne

• Like 1

Crikey, I'd forgotten about Rennaisance!  

I really liked them round about the Novella/Song For All Seasons era, but went right off them for some reason.

Dave.

I remember people used to compare Mostly Autumn with Rennaisance to the point of accusiing them of being a pastiche. Not at all accurate, but you can hear a bit of Rennaisance in Mother Nature and especially The Gap is Too Wide.

• Like 1

51T9DMVDZEL.jpg

Original vinyl

steve

wow, snap. I've got a Canadian pressing on slightly heavier vinyl. Had that spinning on the Rega yesterday. Picked up a few of theirs recently at our local record fair.

We are very lucky to have a great old school record store in walking distance as well.

Tonight's vinyl Sunday starts with the Best of Jon & Vangelis.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I remember people used to compare Mostly Autumn with Rennaisance to the point of accusiing them of being a pastiche. Not at all accurate, but you can hear a bit of Rennaisance in Mother Nature and especially The Gap is Too Wide.

Cant say I would ever have made that comparison!  

I can hear the Genesis influence in Mother Nature though.

Cheers, Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Tormato, another under-rated gem from Yes.  Apart from the awful Circus of Heaven, what on earth was Jon thinking??

Not in this house - Tormato is one of my fave Yes albums with plenty of SR pacific connections on the cover/inner sleeve!

Been a hard rock and metal day today/  Probably needed after heavy repeat listenings of the new Marillion record while reviewing it

Sabaton - The Last Stand (All their songs are about military history)

Voodoo Vegas, Freak Show Candy Floss (This lot know how to rock, and they're playing quite a few gigs across the south of England in coming months

Judas Priest - Turbo

AC/DC - Highway to Hell

Judas Priiest - Painkiller

• Like 1