Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

Last two were "Sketches of China" (Paul Kantner & Grace Slick) and "Long Lankin" (Steeleye Span), currently "Adoro te" (Benedictine Monks of the Abbey of Saint-Maurice & Saint-Maur, Clervaux).

Isn't "shuffle songs" wonderful :)

Edited by spikey

• RMweb Premium

Indeed! But now I'm having a brainfart, so would anybody care to remind me what the thingy's called that the bald dude holds in his mouth ...?

Jew's Harp

or jaw harp, mouth harp, Ozark harp or juice harp

Wikipedia

Edited by Tim Dubya

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Tide Lines - saw them in Forfar recently.  Excellent.  Singer is Robert Robertson from Lochaber, who recently left Skippinish to form the band. I love one of the comments to this video: "Mr Turner my schools chanter teacher is on the guitar".

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Following the departure of Robert Robertson (see 3026 above), Skipinnish recruited Manran's Norrie MacIver as lead vocalist and then went on to produce another album, "The Seventh Wave".  Not as good, IMO, as their previous one, the excellent "Western Ocean", but here's what I consider to be the best track off it (and it's a very pretty video):

• Like 1