Digitrax knocked out of action

This doesn't seem to have received a lot of attention, but Digitrax were apparently a casualty of the recent Hurricane Michael

A very brief note appeared at the time in the Continental/Overseas forum , http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138477-digitrax-and-hurricane-michael/?hl=digitrax where it probably escaped the attention of nearly all DCC users

I believe they were based in Panama City Florida , which received a direct hit from the hurricane and was severely damaged.

I overheard a comment from Digitrains at Peterborough show to the effect that Digitrax products were nearly out of stock as there had been no production or dispatch since the hurricane. He was under the impression Digitrax' warehouse had been destroyed, and that they were not anticipating resuming any production until mid Decemeber

There are some updates on the Digitrax group on groups.IO  (the same group that used to run on Yahoo).  
The most recent report (yesterday) indicates some product shipments will start today, 14th December.  Broadband isn't working in the area around the factory, and the repair service restart date isn't yet known. 

The most shocking aspect from my point of view is that they actually have (had) their own Surface Mount Assembly line.

Most operations their size would get the PCBs built by a contract manufacturer elsewhere in the US.

John P