RMweb

April 23rd.... Did anyone ?

Ceptic

• RMweb Gold

Worked like a dog and that is good fro business whenyou are self employed! smile.gif

Me too, not a huge fan of a chap who was Turkish anyway, Urgup and is most famous for killing an escaped crocodile.... Wormingford dragon

To quote Blyth Power "St George killed the dragon, now we're going to kill St George"

andi

Yup,... me too.

Athough retired, there's always a multitude of jobs that need doing about the place. And that's not counting the layout.

When I was at work, my collegues and I made it a habit by celebrating each other's birthday. Normally by going to the pub across the road and inbibing a few more than usual. This did lead, I have to admit, to the problem of

trying to find our way back.

During the conversations held (over the road), we came to the conclusion that National/Patron Saints birthdays ought to be included. So, on every National Saints day we did the same, St. David's, St. Patrick's, St. Andrew's aaand St. George's, were upheld in due fashion.

AFAIK, many other countries give their populace a day off/acknowledgement to celebrate,... Why not Us ?

Regards

As I'm euphemistically between jobs, I took the opportunity to take my dad out for the day - he's a full time carer to my mum - and there's no better respite than the English countryside* on a sunny Spring day biggrin.gif

* other countryside is available, but I was four hours away from the Border wink.gif

Me too, not a huge fan of a chap who was Turkish anyway, Urgup and is most famous for killing an escaped crocodile.... Wormingford dragon

To quote Blyth Power "St George killed the dragon, now we're going to kill St George"

andi

Maybe we should have a "Blyth Power" day instead...? Or at least get a new flag. I only saw one yesterday, is that because they're all in storage for some event in a couple of months time, or just because I live in Coventry...?

Ah, the day which the Irish do not celebrate by getting smashed on Bombadier and pretending to be English :)

I was at a gig on Friday night - and the only English beer on sale at the bar was John Smiths - bleargh. Even the band were drinking Fosters...

Archived