Bala Town

Andrew P

5 hours ago, Donw said:

What I want to know is where Andy gets the magic ingredient. All his layouts have something special about them.

Don

Your very kind Don, but normally it's about 2 in the morning when I cant sleep and a new ideas creeps in, often a completely New Project from a different era to the current project, and then sits at the back of the brain festering all night, until I can sketch it out. Normally once I get an idea, I'm frightened to go to sleep in case I forget what it was by morning.

Even current plans and projects change along the way, and that is why Bitton failed, as I was restricted to a Prototype. Here with BT, originally the Platform face was parallel with the backscene, but one night I thought NO, and so it was changed, then someone, (sorry but I can't remember who now) had the brilliant idea of the Loco Shed, I wasn't keen at first, but now I really like it, and the way I've been able to make the Yard there look quite big.

With Seven Mills Sidings, I went in loads of different directions until I settled on the current plan, it is now very workable, has a realistic sort of operation, look and feel to it, and is still compact, in fact it could, like Bala Town go to an Exhibition once completed.

As you will see with Mason Street, I've already added another 2ft to the scenic section, and this was as a result of that extra pic showing the ends of some sidings on the O Gauge Layout that was the inspiration for MS in the first place.

I'm always doodling and I have 2 x 6ft x 16 Boards sitting waiting for St Davis, (or similar name, and here is the Plan, basically St Davids TMD at Exeter, but this is for another day.

871818915_StDavidsRiverside.png.be1b3df0a7cd3195a5816c42e31855d0.png

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Your very kind Don, but normally it's about 2 in the morning when I cant sleep and a new ideas creeps in, often a completely New Project from a different era to the current project, and then sits at the back of the brain festering all night, until I can sketch it out. Normally once I get an idea, I'm frightened to go to sleep in case I forget what it was by morning.

Even current plans and projects change along the way, and that is why Bitton failed, as I was restricted to a Prototype. Here with BT, originally the Platform face was parallel with the backscene, but one night I thought NO, and so it was changed, then someone, (sorry but I can't remember who now) had the brilliant idea of the Loco Shed, I wasn't keen at first, but now I really like it, and the way I've been able to make the Yard there look quite big.

With Seven Mills Sidings, I went in loads of different directions until I settled on the current plan, it is now very workable, has a realistic sort of operation, look and feel to it, and is still compact, in fact it could, like Bala Town go to an Exhibition once completed.

As you will see with Mason Street, I've already added another 2ft to the scenic section, and this was as a result of that extra pic showing the ends of some sidings on the O Gauge Layout that was the inspiration for MS in the first place.

I'm always doodling and I have 2 x 6ft x 16 Boards sitting waiting for St Davis, (or similar name, and here is the Plan, basically St Davids TMD at Exeter, but this is for another day.

871818915_StDavidsRiverside.png.be1b3df0a7cd3195a5816c42e31855d0.png

Got some nice Western Region blue diesels I could sell you, which you can chip and sound away.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, georgeT said:

long live model railway's, who care's how or why just enjoy yourself......

Exactly! This is a hobby for enjoyment and we each take from it what we want and can. Thanks Andy for continuing to inspire us all with your wonderful modelling :good_mini:

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Got some nice Western Region blue diesels I could sell you, which you can chip and sound away.

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:Yes, If I ever do get around to it, it would be neat and compact, PLUS as the plan is based on a Prototype no one can say, that's wrong, or that wouldn't happen,

Just need a couple of 50's 47's and a 153 or two.

619479260_exeter02.JPG.1233a7a578ab580cdbee52059495d5a0.JPG

1959794557_exeter12.JPG.956d451ab00707a674cc82022121e691.JPG

1463662452_exeter13.JPG.ea3ee3d715cb58c7f2ade897e6265317.JPG

1274084135_exeter10.JPG.6e08857e4f7f161f12d0a97c907c794b.JPG

1867586280_ExeterDepotJune07b.JPG.ebcf948d50f38db952a19c972516d7f6.JPG

2003239006_exeter11.JPG.3a89914c34e69dbd910b072df68c06f2.JPG

98989825_exeter07.JPG.671d82e2adcbca10d27e7aedeff9c8e4.JPG

• Like 7

6 hours ago, south_tyne said:

Exactly! This is a hobby for enjoyment and we each take from it what we want and can. Thanks Andy for continuing to inspire us all with your wonderful modelling :good_mini:

And back on Topic, Thanks South Tyne / ? I wouldn't call what I do wonderful, as I didn't get the nickname BODGIT for nothing, I've even won awards for my Bodgery, haha, but yes enjoyment is the key.

I read on here of people loosing their Mojo, and I lost mine a little while ago, so I sat down in a dark and quiet room and contemplated what I wanted, then ideas started to flow again, and all of a sudden I wanted to do some modelling, be it a continuation of a project or something entirely new, it doesn't really matter as long as your enjoying it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

17 hours ago, Andrew P said:

And back on Topic, Thanks South Tyne / ? I wouldn't call what I do wonderful, as I didn't get the nickname BODGIT for nothing, I've even won awards for my Bodgery, haha, but yes enjoyment is the key.

I read on here of people loosing their Mojo, and I lost mine a little while ago, so I sat down in a dark and quiet room and contemplated what I wanted, then ideas started to flow again, and all of a sudden I wanted to do some modelling, be it a continuation of a project or something entirely new, it doesn't really matter as long as your enjoying it.

16 hours ago, gismorail said:

What Andy doesn't understand   Is the fact that his name 'Bodgit' is very much a term of endearment .....and probably for his sheer entertainment that he provides on the web site .

You're very modest Andy! Sharing your modelling projects here gives so much joy and inspiration to do many folk, myself included. I am very glad that you have rediscovered your mojo. Sometimes a little downtime does is good though and refires our interest.  Keep up the bodging, it certainly does for me! :derisive:

Edited by south_tyne
Rubbish spelling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

Morning Bodgit, Hope you bring you're brain's with you on Saturday as l STILL have a little electrical problem (hoping you can sort) ?  love the TTA picture's very helpful with a little weathering job l have to do, BT look's almost ready for departure ?...

• Like 2

I forgot to mention that last Friday I had a visit from a couple of mates, Bob that bought Trebudoc and David, we had a really good session on BT, as Bob brought over his Jinty.

We set up a Freight with 5 wagons, and sent it out to the main Platform, ran around, popped the Brake Van into the Bay, then proceeded to collect the various wagons from the Yard and make up a departing Train in the Bay.

We then set about distributing the various wagons from the inbound Train into their correct Sidings in the Yard.

Once done, it was time to head back to the departing wagons that had been waiting patiently in the bay for almost an hour as everything was done at the correct speed and with a chat between movements, probably as per the real thing.

It was then time to wave good by to the last Train of the day as it set off back to Corwen to collect more wagons for its onward journey to Rhyl.

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

24 minutes ago, georgeT said:

what are you up to today buddy, as the last train out is getting nearer...

Today I'm wiring Mason Street, I need to do the Lamp Post's and Platform furniture on here, but I'm not in the right mood for that at the moment, but may make a start on them later.

I should know today whether I'm doing the photos, as I've done several times before, of if the Mag is organising it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Blimey Andy haven't you not sold this layout yet ....your slacking young Sir !!!!

Blimey Andy Martin, haven't you not sold BUILT this NEW 7mm layout yet ....your slacking young Sir !!!!:yes:

• Funny 6

5 hours ago, south_tyne said:

Cracking photographs Andy! :good_mini: Look forward to seeing an article in print in due course. Have you found a new home for the layout already!?!

Cheers ST, no buyers yet, it was only listed last night. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1