Nové Město na Nedostatku

CloggyDog

• 3 weeks later...

Same as with the 749 in the picture, this was not a regular train consist. If I recall correctly, it was a replacement for a Regionova that broke down earlier that day and it only did a one trip from Havlíčkův Brod to Pardubice and back. But consists like this were not unusual at that time. Not very often, but it was possible to see 750/754/742 with a pair of Btax coaches or a Bmto coach as an immediate backup for something that broke down.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SimonBoulton said:

Would that be one of the East German built Y wagen?

Yes, they were produced by VEB Waggonbau in Bautzen. BDs and BDsee coaches are 2nd class coaches with service compartment. They are usually used in fast trains, but on some routes they are paired with Bmto double deckers. Nowadays such a consist would be mostly found on some electrified routes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

A productive weekend, with another batch of cars painted and ready for decals and weathering, including a pair of the new SDV Model Gbkks 4-wheel vans, a Kbkks low-side, the Tams, Hadgs and some cheap old BTTB Es open which have had their sides extended down to resemble the ČD Es. 

I've finally found a decent match for ČD freight brown - Coat d'Arms #119 'Rat Brown' (it's a wargaming/fantasy range of acrylics - I picked up a few pots at a local wargaming show some years ago for use on US freight cars, said Rat Brown being good for PRR box cars) 

The 830 and 749 resin shells have been painted, they are now on the bench for decals, glazing and weathering.

Aiming to debut this lot at the Mid-Essex Club's exhibition in Shenfield on the 16th Sept. 

IMG_20230903_143306.jpg

IMG_20230903_143325.jpg

IMG_20230903_201346.jpg

handbill-2023.png

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Decals decals decals...

That's a batch of ČD stock all decalled up and ready for a coat of varnish before weathering (and glazing for the 749 and 831)

I did find a pair of built but unpainted Eas in the stock boxes. I have decals for ČD and MAV, so may look at getting those done next week, one in each scheme. The redder MAV livery will make a nice contrast against all the ČD brown and will go with the pair of MAV Es I bought in Budapest earlier this year... 

IMG_20230908_111258.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hope all goes well at both shows. We havent done the Guildford one for a while and yet to get to Glasgow show.

Would visit the Guildford one but helping a friend with his Swiss layout at Canterbury this weekend.