Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

I was feeling pretty good when I had erected the end board --------------------------------until I realised that two of the spacers that need to be below baseboard height were sitting proud, thus stopping the sector plate from swinging. the very reason they were put in was to allow the sector plate to swing.

cockup1F.jpg.b825aba006114868542d930fedc79ed3.jpg

cockup2.jpg.6d010aff9c8e2501bc56309ec86dfbcf.jpg

I think I have worked out a way of solving the problem without having to to take the whole thing down. I'll report if I was successful tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

On 09/11/2023 at 22:40, sidmouth said:

For one horrid moment, I thought Alan had started tinkering with Photoshop for his layout pictures.... 🙄 🤦‍♂️ 🤣🤣🤣

A wonderful reminder though that we must be grateful for the existence of the DFR. 👍👍

• Like 5
  • Agree 4

A bit more one, nothing has been stuck down, still playing with ideas, eg the open fields on the backscen my be given an other wash of green to slightly adrken it. The sides offf the sector plate have been cut down but not comletely removed, and a private road put in.

road1F.jpg.3edd2c6720286b6306e7939e03ace11d.jpg

road2F.jpg.c7b1887b79c41cd46f193030a5362c88.jpg

But as I said it could change.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Alan,

You may have this shot but it’s a superb one nevertheless, worth repeating anyway.

Regards

Julian.

IMG_1157.jpeg

particularly appropriate given there isn't an obvious way through the painted backscene in that photo.

Joking aside, having the road cross both tracks in your fiddle yard and curve away to the left beyond could be effective. The gates on the far line could form the buffer stop implying the line continues offscene. Adds a bit of modelling challenge anyway!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Alan,

You may have this shot but it’s a superb one nevertheless, worth repeating anyway.

Regards

Julian.

IMG_1157.jpeg

I don't think I've seen that photo before. What's the location? I'm guessing near the house that was (still is?) near Soudley tunnel? Maybe taken from the house itself?

Sorry for all the Q's, but it's so evocative of the Forest railways, without almost any railway infrastructure in the photo at all..!!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Alan,

Regards

Julian.

IMG_1157.jpeg

Sorry to intrude, but the pic is at the opposite end of the tunnel.

A notable oddity, is that the distant signals were generally "off", as both refered to the 2 Soudley

crossings, which were normally  closed to road traffic.

as illustrated here on Helstonish.

DSC_1341.JPG.b50b74b760f72d94693ac488485eb09c.JPG

TONY

• Like 19

On 20/11/2023 at 18:26, Mulgabill said:

Sorry to intrude, but the pic is at the opposite end of the tunnel.

A notable oddity, is that the distant signals were generally "off", as both refered to the 2 Soudley

crossings, which were normally  closed to road traffic.

as illustrated here on Helstonish.

DSC_1341.JPG.b50b74b760f72d94693ac488485eb09c.JPG

TONY

I wonder how many  models there are of that cottage?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

I wonder how many  models there are of that cottage?

It's a design that appears in a number of locations, there's at least one on the Shipston on Stour branch. I quite fancied building one myself but thought that the PS&NWR / G&KER design was more appropriate.

• Like 1