BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

First lot of fencing done.

The jig you see in the photo above is for 13 posts. The lines you see are where the wires go. at the end of the jig there is a notch where the wires are. Your chosen material is notched at one end and run to the other end and notched. When all the wires are in place the posts are threaded anderneath the wires and fixed with a spot of superglue here each wire crosses the post.

unfortunately no photos of that process but a not very good one of the first fence in place.

fenceerected.jpg.2103fdd103d3413d66e18536be048abd.jpg

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Alan, 

Merry Christmas to you. Lovely to finally meet up at Uckfield. Hopefully, we'll see each other next year. 

Best of wishes, 

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

A Happy New Year RMWebbers

Over the festive season I've been continuing work on the fiddleyard, mainly the bridge which like the rest of the scenery has been built out of leftovers from the layout proper and bits and pieces of plasticard etc.. Not finiished yet, not painted or stuck down.Bridge2F.jpg.4ff10db5a91c5a7c93f746d6017a8486.jpg

bridge1F.jpg.d20dc926ebf7caff0c14d6fafebe142f.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Happy New Year to you also.

Where do you get your hanging Basket Liner from? It look so much better than anything I've managed to find.

• Agree 2

Ray H. the liner is made by Gardman and is 1.5m x 0.6m NOT the circles, bought in my local garden centre Farm Shop. I remove any of the sisally string bits and the depending on where on the layout its going give it a watery wash of some shade of green. In this case it was a wash the same colour as I painted the backscene which was Tamiya Flat Green.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, westerner said:

Just for F-U M and in case anyone else has forgotten what the rest of the layout looks like.

I'm sure you've told us this but is there any gap at all between the bridge and the painted tunnel, even if tiny, or is the bridge actually hard against the backscene?

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, westerner said:

It's about 2 inches.

Ah OK. I didn't think the illusion could be that effective if there was no gap at all.

There were some little cameo perspective models at Telford some years back. A window view onto a road disappearing off into the distance etc, but all in a foot or less of depth. Very clever because even if you have the basic idea, unless it is spot on, it just doesn't work.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 2

Scenic fiddleyard done so some pics.

With cenre scenic centre section removed and sector plate in action.

sectorplateworking.jpg.40e78a4986a54156ff313945ffeb5275.jpg

sectorplateworking2.jpg.cf1e0c62e61eb8dd9acc00557d9eeb8a.jpg

and looking towards the bridge with scenic section replaced.

sceniccentrepiecein.jpg.c331909acebe0afaa1223b2d8c1ef229.jpg

More pics tomorrow I hope.

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Round of applause 1