BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, westerner said:

A removable load has been mde for the wagon and I'm waiting on chain for the bits that keep the sides closed, Anybody any ideas on getting bespoke transfer made.

Speak to Steve at Railtec, they made some transfers for me, very helpfull

http://www.railtec-models.com/

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

When you say chains, do you mean the chains that retain the pins that hold the doors shut? If so, you might be interested in the tip I posted here for making them from fine wire:

I think I got this tip from a Barry Norman article, so credit where it is due.

Nick.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, westerner said:

I'm still waiting for a reply from Steve Bell about whether he can do the transfers for me, the email to him 10days ago

I've never had a reply sending e mails.

He's picked up comments when I've tagged him on here though and then done custom work.

• Informative/Useful 3

On 12/02/2023 at 22:20, Hal Nail said:

I've never had a reply sending e mails.

He's picked up comments when I've tagged him on here though and then done custom work.

Hi Ian, I thought we'd been exchanging emails on 5th & 8th Feb re the Toads, and you mentioned you'll get back to me once you've been able to do some research..?

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, railtec-models said:

Hi Ian, I thought we'd been exchanging emails on 5th & 8th Feb re the Toads, and you mentioned you'll get back to me once you've been able to do some research..?

Hi Steve, yes but that exchange was prompted by an order. I'd e mailed about them and another request previously and didnt hear back but assumed it had gone into junk. Anyway wasn't a complaint, merely a suggestion the OP might trying catching you on here if they couldn't get hold of you otherwise.

For what it's worth I always plug your stuff when I write up my modelling

Cheers and sorry Alan for the hijack.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst still waitbing ffor the new custom transfers from Railtec, I noticed that the solw br was a bit on the deep side so after looking at some protype photos of a P18 it was a case of out with the Evergreen strip to deepn the under the fold down doors as per the real thing.

1895085510_addedbit1.jpg.252454383ef3d44d360d1026c67d151a.jpg

When well set it was pinted.

806429484_addedbit2.jpg.b1535cb6d6147e9378b01c3ec9823e5a.jpg

Now just hoping the transfers arrive fairly quickly so they can be applied and the body weathering can commence.

• Like 17

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2023 at 21:13, westerner said:

Discovered another of Frank Drake's photos.

1131489249_PorterandmajorchattingFS(2).jpg.7eb117eb1ea69f32fcd5d205bd4515f7.jpg

The trees, the steep hillside, the building and corrugated iron - there is only one part of Britain that this could be. Captured the FOD just perfectly. Really evocative. Very lovely.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, MrWolf said:

There's so much to look at in that picture it doesn't need a train to hold the attention.

I may be a bit odd (quiet at the back), but to me that a sign of a good model railway.  It can keep you interested without having a train passing by every two minutes.

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, figworthy said:

I may be a bit odd (quiet at the back), but to me that a sign of a good model railway.  It can keep you interested without having a train passing by every two minutes.

Adrian

I think that was the point of the post you quoted!! 😁😉👍

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 05/04/2023 at 19:13, figworthy said:

Totally agree there Adrian. There are busy shunting layouts in an abundance in this hobby. But I guess I fall into the more model, less railway category. I get all my kicks from designing and building a realistic scene. And there maybe the odd train too, on occasion.

Edited by Gedward
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, westerner said:

This the reason I post less in the summer,

20230416_131055.jpg.b79e0964a7d010944fe4a4e880cc4629.jpg

Not a bad reason for your absence Alan, must be heaven! Enjoy the summer 👍 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1