Great Western Railway Journal

Neal Ball

Publication on a regular basis ceased with issue 103 (November 2017).  In the editorial for that issue, it was announced that there might be special issues and to be informed when one was to be published, an SAE should be sent to the publisher. 

On a slightly different tack, has there ever been a substitute or replacement for this journal?  Whether it be through a newsagent or historical society.  Why I ask is that a number of members of the group I'm a part of were discussing its demise recently and pondered if there was a substitute that was freely available.

Cheers,

Geoff

On 07/02/2019 at 22:29, Belly said:

On a slightly different tack, has there ever been a substitute or replacement for this journal?  Whether it be through a newsagent or historical society.  Why I ask is that a number of members of the group I'm a part of were discussing its demise recently and pondered if there was a substitute that was freely available.

Cheers,

Geoff

You could join the Great Western Study Group which has quarterly newsletters and Pannier magazine.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Jason,

Thank you for the link, and after visiting the LMS Review site and passing that information on, I can report that it was well received.

On another note, I did post a reply but for one reason or another it doesn't seem to have been added to the forum.  I do confess that, being new, I'm still coming to terms with the intricacies of this site.  As a result, the lack of response may appear ungrateful but that is not the case and I had a very good look at the suggested site.  In any event, my apologies for the late response.

Thanks again,

Geoff    

On 07/02/2019 at 22:29, Belly said:

Mainline & Maritime (publishers of the bi-monthly Locomotives International) did announce they intended to publish a new GW mag - but I think to include news of the current GW scene as well as historical material - but it seems to have fallen through because the page on their website announcing it has been removed.

Martin