D&s cowan sheldon 15 ton crane

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, jonhall said:

You might find that Brassmasters has a few of these to sell WITH their GWR match truck kit?

Jon

That's a good thought, especially as I wouldn't be starting the build until Brassmasters release the detailing / GWR conversion kit for the crane (whenever that may be)

I need to get in touch with them to buy my next loco kit, so will ask when ordering...

10 hours ago, jwealleans said:

From supplier.text: (email and phone removed)

Guilplates
(Gareth Floyd)
4 Thorn Bank
Guildford
Surrey
GU2 7PL
tel: 01483 XXXXXX or 01483 XXXXXXX
e-mail: guilplat 'at' globalnet.co.uk
etched 4mm scale loco name, number and works plates, and transfers for many pre-grouping companies (GCR, GER, HR, L&YR, LBSCR, NBR, NER, SECR), although not all are available in 4mm scale

Crikey, a quick email this morning bought an equally quick reply

This order will cost £20.00 which includes P&P. You will have to cut them out yourself from 10thou metal.

Delivery about 4/6 weeks from receipt of cheque.

STERLING CHEQUES MADE OUT TO GUILPLATES;

SENT TO GARETH FLOYD, 4, THORN BANK, GUILDFORD, SURREY, GU2 7PL.

I don't have much enthusiasm for cutting them to size, and as I didn't mention I needed 3 cranes worth, I have to assume that's each! I think I'll either do without, or draw my own!

Jon

On 24/03/2019 at 17:10, jonhall said:

Oh, yes, what he said, who does plates?

I saw another one on the MRC secondhand stand at Ally Pally today, £25 and I now have 3 of these cranes!

Jon

Are these built or still kits? 

Regards Neil 

2 minutes ago, B15nac said:

Are these built or still kits? 

Regards Neil 

I've one in primer, one built but unpainted, and the latest is unbuilt. I'm still trying to decide what to do about match trucks for the first two, the Brassmasters type is so GWR that I don't think it will do for any other company (not to mention the need to build a cab for the GWR version) one or more of the Southern constituents' cranes is most likely, but the one I fancy also has boxed in motion. 

Jon

On 25/03/2019 at 18:35, jonhall said:

I don't have much enthusiasm for cutting them to size, and as I didn't mention I needed 3 cranes worth, I have to assume that's each! I think I'll either do without, or draw my own!

Actually I went to the Shawplan website to re-calibrate my 'expectations' about what a nameplate should cost, since its a long time since I bought one, and prices are about 3 times what I thought they were, but it still feels mighty pricey if you have to snip it carefully out of a sheet.

I've also thought about the actual size of the plates, and that I don't want the GWR version, so the more I think about it the more I can live with the supplied blanks!

Jon

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Sorry to bump this very old thread but does anyone have a set of instructions for the D&S 15t Cowens Sheldon crane. Mine appear to have got lost in the 15-20 years I have had this kit.

Edited by Trestrol