Hurst Models

Guest HJF66

Guest HJF66

Hi all

Hope this is in the right thread.

I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on Hurst Models. Are they still trading? I've tried to email but it keeps being rejected due to a full inbox. I note that a lot of products have been out of stock for a while too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Harvey

• RMweb Premium

I gave up on Hurst Models some considerable time ago.  I was waiting for their Class 442 parts to come back into stick for years.

I have changed scale, interest and era three times since then!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Guest HJF66

Thanks for the responses. I've been after a Class 156 Underframe Detailing Kit for ages for my Hornby Class 156. I might be better buying the Realtrack version instead!!  

If anyone's knows of another Class 156 detailing kit, any details would be appreciated!

I've effectiely thought of Hurst as being defunct now.

For Class 442 parts, search on eBay, there is a seller selling parts (cabs, bogies, undergubbins for centre car) on there (a member here too).

As for 156 parts, there have been some members on the DEMU forum working slowly on their own 3D printed parts, but I'm not sure on the availability or what stage they're at atm.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Guest HJF66
21 minutes ago, Kelly said:

I've effectiely thought of Hurst as being defunct now.

For Class 442 parts, search on eBay, there is a seller selling parts (cabs, bogies, undergubbins for centre car) on there (a member here too).

As for 156 parts, there have been some members on the DEMU forum working slowly on their own 3D printed parts, but I'm not sure on the availability or what stage they're at atm.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look. Some investigative work may be required for my 156!!! 

Several years back I had 4 x 156 underframe kits on order with them.  I probably waited 3-4 years and then sure enough the kits arrived.  From what I've heard elsewhere Andrew waits until he has enough back orders and then runs off a batch - believe he does this in addition to a full time job too.  You might just get some of your back orders one day but how long I wouldn't like to guess.  The product IS good when it comes too.

M

5 hours ago, HJF66 said:

Thanks for the responses. I've been after a Class 156 Underframe Detailing Kit for ages for my Hornby Class 156. I might be better buying the Realtrack version instead!!  

If anyone's knows of another Class 156 detailing kit, any details would be appreciated!

I do - but it's not available. 

Somewhere in the miscellaneous mass of mixed and unlabelled moulds and masters inherited at one remove from MTK by Precision Paints are those for MTK's underframe parts.

But no-one knows where and they may be spread across several moulds - so Precision have never done them , despite requests

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

I assume that Hurst are now completely defunct? Given that while the old product listing pages are working the shop page is dead (and there do not appear to be any contact details)

A real shame a I need some Serco transfers and I’m pretty sure they were the only people to make them…

18 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

I assume that Hurst are now completely defunct? Given that while the old product listing pages are working the shop page is dead (and there do not appear to be any contact details)

A real shame a I need some Serco transfers and I’m pretty sure they were the only people to make them…

If you do manage to find anywhere Rich, let me know as Im looking for some to complete my model of the Serco Ultra sonic test train 960001

NL

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, NickL2008 said:

If you do manage to find anywhere Rich, let me know as Im looking for some to complete my model of the Serco Ultra sonic test train 960001

NL

Will let you know if I do have any luck, I have a few further Serco projects planned for the future so it would be good if there is another source…

• 1 year later...